Question about HP Compaq Motherboard
Battery indicator shows full charge; laptop does the same without the battery pack. Flashing orange light="no battery" but all goes dead when I try to turn it on. Also flashing light does not come back when AC is reconnected, have to unplug AC from socket and reconnect before flashing light reappears. Cleaned battery contact no better luck. However it does look like a power issue, almost like a short.
It can be the memory, the board , the processor, the switch and alot more. A pinched wire. Just try one at a time with new or used working parts.
Posted on Aug 12, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2013 | Intel Motherboard
Feb 12, 2012 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Hewlett Packard 413671-001...
Jun 21, 2011 | Motherboards
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
May 17, 2011 | Motherboards
Dec 04, 2010 | Motherboards
Aug 17, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv2000 Series Laptop Full...
Apr 01, 2009 | Dell (F2273) Motherboard
Jul 26, 2008 | Dell (F2273) Motherboard
Jul 20, 2006 | HP Compaq Motherboard
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: