Question about Samsung SCH-a650
My phone fell on the beach and may have caught a wave. It was slightly damp on the exterior. I removed the battery and opened it as soon as possible. I let it dry out in the hot sun. I can turn the phone on using the key pad but once the phone is activated the keypad is no longer working - which makes me think something is wrong with the electronics?. THe phone recieves calls, rings and announces new messages. But I can't answer or dial as the buttons don't respond. I can only turn the phone off by removing the battery. The onscreen animation seems to be runing quicker than usual as well. Thanks in advance
Delicate electronic equipment deserves a delicate touch. Scrubbing with a toothbrush, Vodka and a rubber is hardly delicate. Use a lint free cloth slightly moist with fresh water and a hint of detergent is more befitting. Be gentle and make sure all foreign matter is removed (sand or salt buildup)A very slight rub of WD40 on the contact points if they exhibit any signs of corrosion is all that's needed. WD40 is a rust penetrator, lubricant in an aerosol can Available from auto shops)Use very sparingly and ensure it's fully wiped off before putting the phone back together. In fact leave the phone for a few hours to ensure all traces of moisture have gone. Then put it all back together and hopefully work. If it does, have a drink of Vodka to celebrate. BMW
Posted on Jul 18, 2006
Thanks men it helped me
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
Step 1: Throw phone away. Step 2: Get rich boyfriend with lots of new phones Step 3: Drink lots of rich boys vodka.
Posted on May 28, 2007
You need to open the phone again and clean it with alcohol, use vodca and scrub the board with a tooth brush, also peel the keypad off and use an eraser to clean the key pad you will notice that the board where the pad is probably rusting.
Posted on Jul 17, 2006
when phones get wet they start to rust from the inside, unfourtunaly this is a long prosses and can take a few months but usually if the phone has got very wet they will not work propley again. they may work temperally but eventually it will probably be completly usless. in future if u wet a phone try drying it immediatly with a hairdryer, inside the battery bit too, this may help the water inside the phone not to cause rusting. sorry about your phone.
Posted on May 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry? Tour 9630 Smartphone
Feb 25, 2010 | Nokia 3120 Cellular Phone
Aug 20, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Bold Smartphone
Aug 16, 2009 | Motorola Mobility MOTO W755 Cellular Phone
Jul 07, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 Cellular...
Sep 30, 2007 | Motorola Mobility SLVR L7 Cellular Phone
588 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!