Question about HP LaserJet 2420 Printer
What do I need to do to get the printer to print clean copies of my work without leaving these "ghost" prints on the pages? And how do I do it. I've misplaced my manual.
This can be caused by one of two things.
1. faulty wiper blade on your toner so that the previous image in not being wiped off the drum.
2. worn fuser sleve.
To work out which it is you will need to do a half stop test: print off a normal document then when it is about half way through the printer ( unfortunatly you may have to repeat this to get the timing right) open the front cover. remove the toner cartridge. if you can see the ghosting on the page the it is the toner. if its not there then its a new fuser. to save on money and if your confident enouh you may be able to just chane the fuser sleve depending on the state of the fuser on a whole.
hope this helps
feel free to email me if you have any other questions:
Posted on Nov 25, 2008
I agree with "cops", swap out the fuser.
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
A possible solution from HP's Service Guide for the LaserJet 2400 Series Printer:
Random image repetition:
If an image that appears at the top of the page (in solid black) repeats farther down the page (in a gray field), the toner might not have been completely erased from the last job. (The repeated image might be lighter or darker than the field it appears in.)
● Change the tone (darkness) of the field that the repeated image appears in.
● Change the order in which the images are printed. For example, have the lighter image at the top of the page, and the darker image farther down the page.
● From the software application, rotate the whole page 180° to print the lighter image first.
● If the defect occurs later in a print job, turn the printer off for 10 minutes, and then turn the printer on to restart the print job.
Last, but not least, replace thr print cartridge. Let me know if this works. Binary Bob
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2011 | Ricoh Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 19, 2009 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Jul 16, 2009 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 26, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 25, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Dec 15, 2008 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
2,189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!