Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
Offhand, a couple of ideas, queries and suggestions:
Good luck and kind regards. Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
Since when this started.. (any specific you remember)
Reset the printer with power on button for 5 min. then check.
If it fail, then unplug the printer after power off PC and printer and then replug after 10 min., let it run and print.
Also clean the cartridge with a cotton or clean cloth -- the Nozzle and contact strip.. Also clean out the printer internal area..
If you can acess the roller then clean it out, let me know the further status.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2010 | Brother DCP-7020 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jul 02, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 24, 2009 | OKI C5500n Printer
Apr 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Jan 02, 2009 | Lexmark JetPrinter X1185 All-In-One InkJet
Jun 27, 2008 | Brother HL-2070N Laser Printer
Nov 09, 2007 | HP PSC 2355 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 19, 2007 | Apple Epson Stylus Color 777i InkJet...
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: