Question about Xerox WorkCentre Pro 765 Laser Printer
When I power up the printer it always says "memory error" message. After I hit the stop button, it works just fine. Just wondering what this is trying to tell me. The exact message is as follows: "Memory error. Push stop. Check phonebook." Thanks for the speedy answer.
One way to try to clear this problem is to do a main board initialization.
I believe hold menu + * + # , while turning on the machine.
Hold those buttons,,,,,,, then release the buttons.
If all goes well the machine will come to a ready.
The addresses would need to be re entered, but the copier will work.
Posted on Sep 15, 2011
In all honesty. You most likely have a bad main board. That's the most likely problem with that error.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2013 | Google Gmail
If the printer is not working properly or to clear memory try this:
1. On the operator panel, press and hold the ON/OFF button for one second. (The display will go blank.) Note: It may be necessary to unplug the power cord if pressing the ON/OFF button does not shut off the printer.
2. Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the ON/OFF button again.
3. Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.
Or Try This:
To clear error messages displayed on the LCD or if the printer is not functioning as expected, it may be necessary to simultaneously press Stop/Reset and ON/OFF buttons.
1. With the printer powered on, press and hold down the Stop/Reset button then press the ON/OFF button.
2. Once the printer is powered off, hold down Stop/Reset and then press ON/OFF.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Happy Holidays!
Dec 23, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 06, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 27, 2010 | Canon MultiPASS MP730 All-In-One InkJet...
May 03, 2009 | Lexmark X63 InkJet Printer
Apr 09, 2009 | Lexmark X125 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 26, 2008 | Canon MultiPASS MP730 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 06, 2008 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 24, 2007 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!