My 360 can turn on fine but only if you have no game in and then when you put one in it will just sit at the white screen with the xbox logo(the one that you are supposed to see for a second while your game loads)
i have no idea why it is doing this and somepne please help me out
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: wont get past dashboard...
Just clean the laser eye carefully and manually , I say manually because it probably won't read a disk cleaner either. this means taking it apart. I get these all the time and its always the same , most ( 98%)just need a cleaning the other 2% need new lasers
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: wont get past dashboard...
If you have automatic startup on your computer, then when you put in a game, the game should start right up. my friend had this same problem and he would just wait the extra minute that it took him to start up the game. you can try calling microsoft customer service and refer the problem to one of their representatives.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have never heard this issue before. You probably have a lager issue then what can be resolved here and might face future issue in the future. Is this the only game you are having issues with?
Seeing that you mentioned you have purchased a hard drive then I would recommend you install the game to your hard drive and try play after that. This will resolve any issues possably of your disk drive possably getting hung up during gameplay.
follow these instructions to get your game installed on your hard drive:
Install Xbox 360 games on your hard drive from a game disc
Note Installing an Xbox 360 game on a hard drive requires between 4 and 8 gigabytes (GB) of free disc space.
Insert the game disc into the disc drive.
Note After you insert the disc, the default option is to automatically start the game. If the game starts, exit the game, and return to the Xbox Dashboard.
From the Xbox Dashboard, go to My Xbox.
Select the game you want to install.
Press Y on your controller.
Select Install to Hard Drive.
A progress indicator appears while your game is being installed on your hard drive.
Installing an Xbox 360 game might take several minutes.
Multidisc game? Install each disc to your hard drive.
You can attach an intercooler at the back of the 360 and this will help keep cool
you will also need to do something called a reflow, we us a proper infra red reflow over which in turn re-seats the solder and rectifies these sorts of problems. if you simply just put some paste on your not solving the problem.
once reflowed the machine should work tip top again
if you run a search on google you should be able to find guides on reflowing your mainboard and it is possible to use a heatgun BUT is not so reliable.
right do the towel trick it works. wrap the 360 in 2 towels and leave it on for 15 mins. then go bk to your xbox un wrap it. put it near a window if possible ( i did and its working fine) due to it being near a window you will get no overheating and its well ventilated.