Question about Karcher K2.26 Electric Power Washer

2 Answers

Not working plug into 240 v instead of 110 v The appliance overheated What problems need to be resolved?

Posted by on

  • khalawan555 Oct 23, 2008

    Thank you, Same answer expected. I am opening up.Regards


2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 92 Answers

Dear Khalawan555,
All you did is damage to the electric part of the machine. This mostly means that the electric motor is damaged. But if the machine is recently bought, you still have the pump system all intact.
All you need is a new electric motor or if possible, rewinding the old electric motor.
Check if this is worth the money. In my expirience, changing an electric motor is more cheaper then buying a new machine. Very important if you decide to buy a new machine try to buy the same model, because you will have plenty valuable spares available from your old machine.

Posted on Nov 05, 2008

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 242 Answers

You most likely destroyed the pump. But if you are lucky, you can open the unit and look for a fuse. It will be on the circuit board in the unit or possibly in line with the power wire. It will be a thermal fuse that is wrapped in a teflon mesh cover. If there is no fuse, then chances are the unit will be a loss unless you know someone handy in electronics.

Posted on Oct 23, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Electric pressure washer wont start

Gail, check the cord/plug for any sign of breakage, probably either switch has gone bad or motor faulty, have tested by a small appliance repair/ vacuum repair shop as they are usually the most reasonable priced.
"I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. Check out some of my other posts if you need more tips and info."

Apr 12, 2016 | Greenworks 1500 PSI 1.3 GPM Electric...

1 Answer

I have a karcher power washer and every time I use it my power is tripped bought it brand new a bout 2 years ago not really had the use of it

You don't say if its 240 or 110 volts. Tumble dryers take a huge amount of power and can make the socket quite hot. Turn off the power and see if the socket is damaged. Try the washer somewhere else and see what happens. Try it at a friends house? Determine if its a house or machine problem but washers do have a big start up surge. Get an electrician to look at the supply and machine.

Apr 17, 2015 | Karcher Pressure Washers

1 Answer

My robin subaru r1100 can I run it at 240 as it has a UK plug on it I tried to run a kettle but it started to cut out thanks

You need to determine output frequency. Is your engine running at 3000 rpm (50 Hz)? At 50 Hz this generator only produces 700 VA (850 VA max).

I just look at my coffee pot here and it requires 1000 VA (watts) of power. If is more power requirement than this generator could produce even if it was operating in 120v mode at 60 hz.

Feb 09, 2015 | Pressure Washers

1 Answer

Honda blackmax 2600pressure washer will not start

Is the gas tank topped off? Is the water hose plugged into it and turned on? Is the gas valve open instead of closed? is the throttle turned on fully? Is the spark plug wire attached all the way? Should work after all of this.

Jul 12, 2014 | Honda Black Max 2600 PSI Pressure Washer

1 Answer

Why is my powerstroke pressure washer overheating and stopping?

From what i understand ,you might have a bad armature
Armature partly dammed it can work for a while then will
stop when it overheat ,
Check if you have a high spark around armature , red spark
then check brushes , if brushes is good but the spring is damaged
that mean you have an overheating problem and you need to replace your armature , I hope this will help you solve your
problem ,, let me know if you need any further assistance.

May 09, 2014 | PowerStroke 1700 PSI Electric Pressure...

1 Answer

My pressure washers motor wont even turn on when plugged into the mains ive tried changing the socket fuze to see if thats the fault but still the same.. any help much appreciated

If an appliance seems to be completely dead, you need to trace the power all the way from the socket outlet to the inside of the appliance.
Check the obvious first and ensure the outlet is working by plugging another appliance into it.
Open the plug and check the wires are screwed securely into the pin terminals.
Often the cores in a cable will break due to metal fatigue at the point where they exit the plug or enter the appliance.
Remove the plug and pull firmly on each cores of the cable. Often they will break and pull out of the cable if the copper is broken.
After that it is a matter of opening the casing of the washer (turn off the power) and doing a continuity test for each core to ensure the wires aren't broken. Do a continuity test on the power switch also to ensure it is working.

Nov 24, 2011 | Karcher Pressure Washers

1 Answer

I have a Honda GX 240 engine mounted on a walk behind mower. The bearings in the shaft that connects the drive belt to the blade seized. I replaced the bearings in the shaft and the blade turns freely but...

Remove the spark plug and make sure that oil did not enter into the cylinder. Oil in the cylinder will feel like engine is siezed. With plug remove and engine will not turn suspect more serious problems. If the rod is siezed due to low oil, it can be replace by removing the sump. No big deal and could be nice project. Before you take anything apart, check that the cable to the safety stop is actually releasing. This could also make you think that the engine is siezed.

Oct 13, 2011 | Honda 8 HP Engine

1 Answer

It won't start. when I push the test reset button it attempts to come on for a second then nothing. I changed outlets and same thing happens. before I did this the water would come out of the nozzle...

Had a similar problem with a Karcher that I own, after a little troubleshooting it turned out to be the big plug end with the reset in it, I took the plug end apart and found the contacts inside had melted thus not allowing proper contact of the reset button, I opted for a cheap way out, instead of ordering a replacement reset plug assy i changed it over to a regular 3 prong gfi plug end, been working great the past few seasons,hope this helps

Aug 12, 2011 | Karcher Pressure Washer 1800 PSI 15 GPM...

2 Answers

Kicks off imediately ground faught on karcher pressure washer

This is a serious situation. It means there is a short circuit somewhere. You need to have a certified technician or electronics person look into it.

Aug 21, 2009 | Karcher 1750 psi Electric Pressure Washer

1 Answer

Pressure Troubleshooting

Light tasks - 100 bar - garden BBQ & furniture, cycles, bins. Medium tasks - 110 bar - cars, fences, boats, pools, hot tubs. Tougher jobs - 110-130 bar - Roofs, garden decking, bricks, farm machinery.

Aug 27, 2008 | Karcher Quick Connect Nozzle Set

Not finding what you are looking for?
Karcher K2.26 Electric Power Washer Logo

205 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Karcher Pressure Washers Experts

John Trevino

Level 3 Expert

1378 Answers

andy just round the...

Level 1 Expert

47 Answers


Level 3 Expert

479 Answers

Are you a Karcher Pressure Washer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides