I was making microwave popcorn for my daughter. I pressed start on the microwave and the numbers on the timer started flashing and the microwave stopped working. I flipped the circuit breaker back on but there is still no power to my microwave. I plugged my can opener into the outlet for the microwave and it worked just fine, so I know the problem has to be with the microwave itself. The microwave is only 15 months old, just barely out of warranty, of course. We haven't abused the microwave, so I have a really hard time believing it is completely dead. Please help.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most microwaves just need to have the clock button pressed 1 time. Then you enter the time. Next some want to to pick am or pm. Then press clock again to set. Sometime last step is the start button instead of clock.
Reset the clock. Press "Clock" and the correct time, using
the number pads. Press "AM/PM" if applicable, and press "Start" or
"Clock" to confirm.
Press "Timer On/Off" to reset the timer if nothing on the
touch pad will operate. Use the number pads to select a new timed
amount, if desired, and press "Timer On/Off" to start. Press again to
Press and hold "Clear/Off" for three seconds if the timer
will not function or is blinking when you touch the pads. This will
release the "Child Lock" feature. Make a new touch pad selection.
Disconnect power to the microwave if following Steps 1
through 3 does not resolve the blinking timer. Wait a few minutes, and
then restore power to reset the microwave.
However if the problem persist the display board main control board is faulty
Hi Diane, that happened to me last year my daughter burned popcorn in microwave. I washed it out with baking soda and water, hot water. Then rinse it out good and place about a tsp. of baking soda in a small bowel with a little water set timer for 10 seconds on high power, this helps to nuetrilize the air flow and now you can use it with out any burn smell.
The sensor errors are probably just from opening the door and interrupting the sensor cook cycle.
By the way, you should always press "Stop" before opening the door of a running microwave. Otherwise, the door switches will prematurely fail.
I would first check the door switches and their mounts. See this help file.
You can usually find
helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full
model number here.
should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating
You can also download manuals, installations info, and parts lists here.
We'rehappy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
Solution to your microwave problem is given as below.
* 1 Set your Daewoo microwave on a countertop near an electrical outlet and plug it in. Open the door and place the circular roller guide in the center of the oven cavity, then place the glass cooking tray over it.
* 2 Set your food on a microwave-safe dish and then put the dish on the cooking tray and close the door. Make sure that it latches properly.
* 3 Turn the upper knob to select a power level. Power levels include "Defrost," "Med-High," or "High." If your Daewoo has a touch pad, touch the "Microwave" button once to set the highest power level. Touch it consecutive times to lower the power level.
* 4 Turn the lower knob to set the cooking time. For cooking times less than two minutes, turn the knob up past the two-minute mark, then back to the correct time. For touch pad models, enter in the cooking time with the numerical keys and then press "Start."
* 5 Open the door at any time to stop the cooking and check the temperature of your food. Shut the door to automatically continue cooking, or turn the timer knob to the right to add more time. For touch pads, press the "Stop/Clear" button, then key in a new cooking time and press "Start."
* 6 Open the door when the timer reaches the "Off" position and take out your food.