Question about Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2012 | Canon Sealed Pixma Mx870 All-in-one Inkjet...
Mar 23, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 14, 2012 | Dell PrintersDell MFP Color Laser 3115cn...
Jul 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Sep 14, 2010 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 05, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 08, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
May 18, 2008 | HP Computers & Internet
Oct 19, 2007 | Canon S520 InkJet Photo Printer
118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!