Question about Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
I have the Brother MFC- 8460N All in one printer and this morning and error message came up that said no paper. I tried taking the paper out and putting it back in, and turning the machine on and off and the message won't clear. I checked the settings on my compter and they are all fine. I am unable to print anything.
When removing the tray - turn off printer -
insert try with paper - turn on printer -
you should notice the blue paper meter moving. fixed
Posted on Oct 18, 2010
It doesn't exactly solve your problem but if you can use the drop down manual feed tray and it should at least allow you to print. As far as the 'no paper' error, try pulling out your paper tray and blowing out the area with compressed air. Also blow out the paper tray to remove any paper dust. Also, check to make sure the paper stop is set to the correct paper size. I have found that the 'teeth' holding the paper stop in place sometimes wear out causing the paper stop to shift position.
Posted on Jan 12, 2009
No Paper Message- when the tray if full
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Could be a tab or spring broken off of the feed tray, dirty feed roller can cause that error when paper doesn't feed. Paper guide too tight so that paper can't lift to the feed roller also a possibility. Sensor above paper stack out of position.. many possibilities.
Posted on Nov 06, 2009
SOURCE: Brother MFC 8460n paper pickup
Please follow these steps to assure you have made sure there is no jam.
1. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
2. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
3. Open the back cover.
4. Pull the tabs at the left and right hand sides toward you to open the fuser cover (1).
5. Using both hands, gently pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit.
6. Close the back cover.
7. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
8. Close the front cover.
9. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
10. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
11. Hold down the lock lever on the right and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit. Take out the jammed paper if there is any inside the drum unit.
12. Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.
13. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
14. Close the front cover. Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine. Use both hands to slowly pull out the jammed paper.
15. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
16. Slowly take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. The jammed paper may be pulled out with the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly, or this may release the paper so you can pull it out of the paper tray opening.
17. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
18. Close the front cover.
20. Put the paper tray firmly back in the machine.
21. Take out any paper from the ADF (automatic document feeder) that is not jammed. Open the ADF cover. Carefully pull out the jammed document to the left. Check for and remove any small pieces of paper stuck in the machine. A small piece of paper stuck in ADF will cause a document jam.
22. Close the ADF cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed under the document cover. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Lift the document cover. Pull out any jammed documents to the right. Again, carefully check for and remove any small pieces of paper.
23. Close the document cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed at the output tray. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
24. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed in the duplex slot (only for machines which support Duplex printing). Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
25. Press Stop/Exit. Make a Copy to test. Before placing your document(s) in the ADF verify the error message "Document Jam" in no longer displayed on the LCD. If the error message continues to appear on the LCD, please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us". Verify the ADF document support (located on the top of the ADF) is pulled out. Verify the document(s) are between 5.8 to 8.5 in. wide and 5.8 to 14in. long. Make sure the documents are inserted face up in the ADF, top edge first. The ADF can hold up to 50 pages and feeds each sheet individually. Use standard 20 lb (80 g/m²) paper and always fan the pages before putting them in the ADF.
DO NOT use paper that is curled, wrinkled, folded, ripped, stapled, paper-clipped, pasted or taped. DO NOT use cardboard, newspaper or fabric. Make sure documents written with ink are completely dry. Adjust the paper guides to fit the width of your documents. This ensures the document(s) will feed straight, preventing jams. Make a copy listed below:
For MFC users :
For DCP users :
Press Copy located below the LCD and then press Start.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2011 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Jun 16, 2010 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Jan 15, 2010 | Brother MFC-8640D Printer
Jan 01, 2010 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Dec 24, 2009 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Mar 09, 2009 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Mar 09, 2009 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Jan 21, 2009 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Jul 25, 2008 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
2,862 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!