Question about Lexmark Printers & Copiers
You must do the following for your Lexmark printer to rule out a driver/cable/communications issue:
1. Go to control panel, My programs and find the software program and uninstall the software.
2. Go to Stat, Control panel, printers and delete your printer.
3. Remove your printer cable from your PC.
4. Reboot your PC.
5. Turn off your Lexmark printer.
6. Insert the Lexmark software disk that came with the printer.
7. Follow the instruction from the software disk which will basically walk you through the re-installation of your printer by: Inserting the printer cable into the pc, turning on the printer so the pc can recognize it.
##Make sure if at all possible to delete all other printers from the control panel printer section
8. Try to print a test page from the printer properties section.
- If you receive any errors go to: start, control panel, administrative tools, event log for their description.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
According to your problem first check that you have installed the driver properly or reinstall the driver. Check the USB cable of the printer. Replace the cable. Turn the printer off before installing the driver. Turn it on again while the driver installation wizard will ask to connect the printer. After installation reboot the printer and system both.
May 06, 2011 | Lexmark X2250 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 31, 2009 | Lexmark Pro X125 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 24, 2009 | Lexmark Color Z43 InkJet
Jan 05, 2009 | HP Printers & Copiers
Nov 14, 2008 | HP DeskJet 880c InkJet Printer
Oct 24, 2008 | Lexmark Printers & Copiers
Oct 17, 2008 | Lexmark Printers & Copiers
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!