Question about Computers & Internet
If you have lost sound on the PC there could be several reasons:
1. if you use speakers the speakers could have either become unplugged, the souns could be turned down or muted.
2. The sound card could have gone bad.
3. You could have downloaded a Microsoft update that corrupted your sound.
Do the following:
1. Check you speaker cables to make sure they are plugged in correclty if you use speakers
2. Check the sound icon by your system clock in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. If it has a red X then this is where the issue is, if not then click it and make sure it is 'Off' mute.
3. Click start right click 'My computer' and go to device manager on theproperties tab. Make sure the driver for your speakers does not show a yellow or red indicator.
If you still have an issue then go to: startr, accessories, system tools, system restore and restore the pc to a checkpoint before the date you lost your speakers/sound.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
try using either of these apparently they are universal keys for xp i have not tried any so i cant gaurantee that they will work but i no that you can buy a coa on Ebay for $15 or Oztion.com for $5.50 aus
hope this helps
Feb 06, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
May 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 18, 2010 | Dell Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
May 10, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service...
Mar 11, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Sep 26, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
May 04, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!