First thing you should do is completely uninstall via add remove programs. then do a fresh install of the software via cd or download. if your looking for good anti virus i would recommend avast anti virus completely free, that's what i personally use. www.avast.com
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
mcafee isn't what it use to be, if you want it to work correctly YES remove and reinstall, as it is connected to their server and unless you remove it , it'll keep those setting and over ride your settings locally.
you have to uninstall the sound driver , by going to device manager , and then uninstall the audio and also uninstall realtek or whatever you have software installed , and then try a new download and install it good
if this didnt work dont be sad i have the best solution but first you have to do this
Not only Uninstalling & Reinstalling the McAfee Program would help, because usually you'd get this Error During the Installation. The Reason for this Error is because of the Windows Update (McAfee is Disigned on the Windows Platform).
Things that Needs to be checked here are:
1. Update Windows: - Open IE (Internet Explorer). - Click on the TOOLS or SAFETY (If the IE version is IE v.8). - Select Windows Update. - Ensure that All Windows Updates are Installed on the Computer.
2. Installing MSXML 3 & 4: - Check if you already have MSXMLs installed on your Computer by going to START >> CONTROL PANEL >> ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS or PROGRAMS >> PROGRAMS & FEATURES (In Case of Windows Vista/7). - If you find MSXMLs, Uninstall them & then Restart the Computer. - Download and Reinstall MSXML version 3 (MSXML3.msi only). - Restart the computer. - Download and install MSXML version 4 (MSXML.msi only). - Restart the computer. - Run McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe) from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe - Reinstall the McAfee Program.
To reinstall MCAFEE, I would recommend that you use the CD that you receive with your computer. Usually the MCAFEE CD is bundled when you buy your computer. Otherwise you can download a copy of MCAFEE from this link: http://us.mcafee.com/root/downloads.asp then pick the on you need.