- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is a door lock failure code and it means the door lock is broken or just failed to unlock. Click on the links below for the detailed instructions for manually unlocking the door and replacing the door lock and switch assembly if it has indeed failed.
Maytag Neptune Front-Load Washers are equipped with emergency access cord that can be used to unlock the door when the door lock mechanism fails to unlock it after a wash load is done. The emergency access cord is located under the top cover and can be accessed through the dispenser bezel. Make sure that power to the machine is disconnected prior to servicing to avoid the risk of electric shock.
Remove the four screws securing the dispenser bezel to the top cover then lift the bezel off to access the emergency access cord. Carefully pull the emergency access cord steadily then open the washer door.
The pulling of the emergency access cord overrides the wax motor and the sliding gear is pulled from right to left away from engagement with the rotating gear. It allows the rotating gear to release the wire loop of the door.
The failure of the door lock mechanism to unlock the door is due to a failed wax motor in the extended position. This requires the wax motor to be replaced. Access to the door lock mechanism for the wax motor replacement requires the removal of the front panel and lifting the top cover. Click here for the detailed front panel and top cover removal procedure.
Hi, Make sure you are allowing the washer to completely finish its cycle before opening the door. It is normal for the door to lock at the end of a cycle. The locking mechanism keeps owners from opening the door before all of the water has been drained. If the door on the washer is locked, select the "Drain" or "Spin" options on the front-load washer. This will completely drain the water from the system and unlock the door, allowing you to open it. Thank you !!
Manually Unlocking the Door Lock System
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Remove the lower kick panel.
3. Reach up along the inside of the front and locate the
bottom of the door switch/lock unit.
4. Located on the bottom of the door switch/lock unit is a
tear-drop shaped tab.
5. Gently pull the tab down about a ¼" or until a click is
6. The door may be opened.
Sturdy little door, isn't it? Make sure you don't have extra water in the machine, as this will cause the door to not unlock. With that done,unplug your washer. If you can get the top of the machine off and reach down the front of the washer, you should see the latch mechanism. Push this down. Door should unlock. Now. Buy a new latch assemby.
1. Unplug the power cord from the outlet. 2. Remove the front lower kick panel. 3. Reach up along the inside of the front panel and locate the bottom of the door latch assembly. 4. Located on the bottom of the door latch assembly is a tear-drop shaped tab. 5. Gently pull the tab down about quarter inch or until a click is heard. 6. The door may now be opened.
F/dU error means --------- Door Unlock Error A Door Unlock Error occurs if the door cannot be unlocked. It will try to unlock the door 6 times before displaying the error. -------- to resolve the error --------- Door Lock Mechanism broken.Check Door Lock/Switch Assembly for foreign objectsCheck Wire Harness connections to the Door Lock/Switch Assembly and Central Control Unit (CCU)Door Lock/Switch Assembly Failure
This is the info from the error code for your washer DL/F
Door Unlock Error
A Door Unlock Error occurs if the door cannot be unlocked. It will try to unlock the
door 6 times before displaying the error.
• Door Lock Mechanism broken.
• Check Door Lock/Switch Assembly for foreign objects
• Check Wire Harness connections to the Door Lock/Switch Assembly and Central
Control Unit (CCU)
• Door Lock/Switch Assembly Failure
Note: The Door Lock/Switch Assembly can be manually unlocked. See Section
Seven, TECH TIPS