Forgot Windows XP password
, don't be worried. It's very common for PC users to lose or forget Windows password as some like to set a rather complicated password. As Windows XP has been used for several years, there are various available methods that can help you to reset Windows XP password
.Method 1: Create a password reset disk to reset Windows XP password
Creating a Windows XP password reset disk
is a very easy way to protect yourselves from the possibility of forgetting your password. With it, you can reset Windows XP login password easily and quickly. Don't know how to create one, just follow the instructions as below:
1.Click on Start, Control Panel and User Accounts in order.
2. Select the specified user account you want to create the Windows XP password reset disk for.
3. In the Related Tasks area on the left, click the Prevent a forgotten password.
4. When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next.
5. Follow the Forgotten Password Wizard to create your Windows XP password reset disk.
Once you find your Windows XP password is lost or forgotten, just reset Windows XP password with the disk. The Windows XP password reset disk can be repeatedly used to reset password for your computer, so please remember to keep it in a safe place. Otherwise, unauthorized users can log on your computer and get access to the precious data on it. It will be a disaster for you if your privacy is leaked out.Method 2: Log on as administrator to reset Windows XP password
All Windows XP computers have a special user account named "Administrator" and by default this account is not password protected. If you don't set password for the account or you remember its password, you can log on computer with the administrator account to perform Windows XP password reset
1. Start the computer.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete twice when you see Windows XP login screen.
3. When Log On to Windows dialog box appears, type Administrator in the User name box.
4. Type the administrator password in the password box, and then click OK. Or you can directly click Ok if you don't set password.
5. Click Start > Run > Type control userpasswords2 > click OK.
6. On the Users tab, click the name of the user account that you want to reset the password for, and then click Reset Password.
7. Set your new password and click OK on the Reset Password dialog box. And then click OK on user tab.
8. Restart the computer, and then try to log on to Windows again.Method 3: Burn a USB flash drive to reset Windows XP password
In addition to the two methods above, you can also perform Windows XP password reset with third party Windows password recovery software
. It can help you reset Windows XP login password by burning a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive. Before starting to perform Windows XP password reset with this method, you need to find a computer with optical driver that you can log on. Then, you can follow the below steps to burn a USB flash drive with Windows Login Recovery.
1. Download Windows Login Recovery and install it.
2. Burn the ISO image file on the program to a USB flash drive.
3. Set your locked computer to boot from USB drive.
4. Reset forgotten Windows XP password with the burned USB flash drive.
The above 3 methods are easy for you to reset Windows XP password
. Of course, method to perform Windows XP password reset
is not limited to the 3 options. There are still other options for you, like using a Windows installation disc to recover Windows XP password. You just find one suits you best to reset your lost Windows XP password.