My other half has this problem on his Acer laptop with Broadcom 802.11 wireless. This is how I have finally solved it.
1) Open Internet explorer
2) Type in your ISP address (tiscali is 192.168.1.1 so will be something similar to this for other ISP's)
3) This opened the ISP configuration screens and I opened 'SetUp'
4) I had to choose 'PPPoA'
5) I had to then enter the main username and password on the account
6) Set the connection to 'Always On'
7) Save Settings - this rebooted the internet connection (did not reboot the whole laptop) I closed the wired connection and disconnected the cable at this point.
8) Right click in your Wireless Icon on lower taskbar
9) If no wireless connection showing click to search
10) I then got a screen asking for the network key for the modem (mine is on the bottom of the modem but I keep it written down then I dont have to fiddle with the modem
Finally - Connect !
Hope this helps :-) By the way I got this info from ISP website by entering their 'Help' section, typing in 'Wireless' and clicking on the option that came up for my particular modem type.
Good Luck !
Jun 29, 2008 |
Broadcom BCM94306MP - IEEE 802.11b/g...