Question about Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet Printer
E5 message displayed on screen and alarm light remains on.
OK lets try this
Also if you are using the Refillable ink cartilages stop they always cause major issues
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)Note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5) Turn off the printer.(it must be turn off)
then turn it on again.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one and to go on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Apr 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 07, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 29, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 13, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 19, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 04, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
254 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: