Question about Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top Load Washer
Washing machine starts fine after washer cycle then completely
stops, read similar problems remove lid switch completely to make
sure it's the switch not the timer, still doesn't work do you think it's
the timer. help please.
Ok folks to change the lid switch on these and many top loading Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, etc is quite easy.
Steps to replace the lid switch:
1. Remove unit from AC.
2. Remove the loading door from the unit, or using some duct tape tape it closed.
3. Using a small flat bladed screwdriver find the 2 release catches on the front of the unit between the top cover and front panel. These are just snap claps to hold the top cover down. To release the top you will need to compress the latch using the screwdriver. Start with one side, then the other. Once you have released both clips the lid will lift up just like the hood of your car.
4. You will now be able to remove the lid switch from the unit.
5. Install the new switch and close the hood of the unit.
6. Test the repair by running the unit though a complete cycle.
A great place to order the replacement part for the unit is:
They ship same day on orders placed before 3pm EST. Overnight shipping is available, however I usually opt for the 2-3 day ground shipping and save the money.
If this switch replacement does not take care of the problem, you might need to replace the control board located under the front panel. This replacement is also very easy and takes about 10 min from start to finish.
Hope this helps everyone. Cheers,
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2012 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Jul 09, 2011 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Jun 20, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Mar 16, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Feb 15, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Mar 16, 2008 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
693 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: