Using MAPI ( Messaging Application Program Interface) with Microsoft Outlook Express 5/6:
1. Start Microsoft Outlook
2. Go to Tools> Options.
3. Click Make Default under Default Messaging Programs- This application is NOT the default Mail handler.
4. Restart your computer.
Using MAPI with Microsoft Outlook:
Microsoft Outlook automatically sets up your MAPI E-mail program during installation. Make sure you M-O Email app. is properly set up with the right POP account name, password, SMTP mail host account, and other requirements. For further assistance, contact your Internet Service Provider *ISP* or systems administrator.
Usin Web-based E-mail Programs to Send Files *aol, yahoo etc...*:
Web based Email programs don't support MAPI functions. If you click on the Send button, it will not work. To send email files, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your web based email service.
2.Compose a new email message.
3. Depending on your web based email service, look for the Attach, Attachments, or Insert option to attach your file. You will be prompted to browse for the desired file you want to attach. Change the directory to where you saved your file and attach the files.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Double Click on this site http://www.free-codecs.com/AMCap_download.htm
to download the Free AMCAP Video Capture Program.
AMCap is a small yet fully
functional video capture application compatible with Microsoft DirectShow. It
is based on the sample AMCap from the Microsoft DirectX 9 SDK. AMCap supports
still captures to BMP, JPEG and PNG formats and it remembers your Video Input,
Video Standard and Video size settings from previous session. It has some nice
features like multimonitoring support, zooming, aspect ratio and deinterlacing
AMCap is a small and effictive piece of software and definitely worth trying.
this will help.Bud
Black screen in Veo Digital Studio or Yahoo! Messenger.
Veo Digital Studio:
Start the Veo Digital Studio and then click on the "Take a Snapshot" button. The camera light should turn on.
Click the "Settings" button and then click the "Advanced Settings" button.
On the Video Quality screen, click the "Defaults" button to enable the default settings for the camera.
Click "OK" and then "OK" again. You should now see the live video on your screen.
If you still see a black image on the screen, try disabling the overlay feature to see if this resolves the issue:
Unplug the camera from the computer.
Start the Veo Digital Studio and then click on the "Take a Snapshot" button.
The Veo Digital Studio will indicate "Digital Video PC Camera is not connected to this computer." Click "OK" to this message.
Click the "Quick Fix" button and then check in the "Disable Overlay" checkbox. Click "Fix it" and then close out of the Veo Digital Studio.
Plug your camera back into the computer and then try the Veo Digital Studio again.
Make sure that your camera works and you can see yourself by following the steps above for the Veo Digital Studio.
Close the Veo Digital Studio and then start Yahoo! Messenger.
In Yahoo! Messenger, click on Tools->Start My Webcam.
If you see a black screen, in the My Webcam window, click on File->Preferences. On the left side of the Prefences window, select Webcam. Click on the "Camera Source" button. In the Camera Source drop down menu, select the Veo PC Camera or Veo Web Camera and then click OK.
Click on the "Camera Settings" button and then click the "Defaults" button.
Click "OK" and then "OK" again to close the Properties window. If you still see a black screen in the My Webcam window, please contact Yahoo! for more assistance or refer to the Yahoo! Messenger Webcam Help page at:
This fix will work for all of the VEO Stingray problems because it
gives a good driver download site and it tells you step by step how to
get your cam to work with VISTA Good Luck and let me know if this fixed
1.Go to this site and download the driver you need: http://www.softsci.com/veodrivers.htm
2.Download it to your desktop
3. Don't unzip, install, or plug in your cam yet
4.Search for this in your start menu: Program Compatibility Wizard
5. Of the three choices click the one that says look for the program manually
6. Choose the option for XP
7. Choose the 680 x 420 or whatever it is not the 256 colors
8. Choose to run as administrator
9. Click next and it should change your screen to a real big resolution and then it will start to install the driver
10. Go through the install wizard
11. After it has loaded plug in your camera
12. Try a program that it is supposed to work with
13. Finish the Compatibility Wizard
now everything should work for your cam. This works with all of your programs that vista will not run.