An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Microwave Ovens Master
Re: display has power...no buttons work LGVM2055SW
Is it possible that some spray cleaner accidentally got into the controls?
Direct spraying of cleaners on the keypad and steam from the
cooktop can damage the controls.
Always spray non-ammonia cleaner on a
soft cloth (not a paper towel which can scratch) and gently wipe the keypad.
the vent fan when cooking on the stove top to keep steam and grease out of the controls.
I always recommend that users spray the cleaner on a soft cloth (not on the keypad itself) then wipe the control panel off.
I recommend a soft cloth since paper towels can scratch the plastic.
Also, I always recommend non-ammonia cleaners since ammonia can crack and damage plastic.
Otherwise, the spray can get into the controls and lock it up or make it act odd.
If it does not dry out over time, it may need to be manually dried or blown out.
The keypad may be damaged or worn out, or control unit may be damaged.
We have the service manual for this model and have uploaded it to our site here to help you. You will need the free Acrobat Reader to view or print it.
If you (or someone you know) might want to replace it yourself, I have uploaded a handy guide with pictures showing you what's typically involved. Please refer back to the service manual for model-specific info.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I being an experienced technician all I do is get micro buttons such as used in television set .I carefully apply minimal hot air from a hair dyer to the touch panel in a clean environment then strip the adhesive touch panel to check the wire ring that tress back to the pcb that is just beneath the touch panel. yo have to locate common and the wire responsible for touch, then drill a small hole where the micro button will sit solder to wires on the button then carefully solder them on the board.now make sure the button is on the same level with the surface before you return the adhesive touch panel make sure the button sits well then from beneath apply hot glue please don't use super glue if you don't understand I will send you pictures.
Be very careful around microwaves they have very high voltage inside them that can be deadly. As for the control panel its very common for grease and oil to get behind the plastic film of the control panel, once it does the buttons will stop working since the grease insulates the contacts. Unplug it from the power, let it sit for 60 minutes to make sure all power from the high voltage caps has dissipated. Get access to the back of the control panel. You will probably have to peel back the control plastic on the front to get behind it. One behind clean all the buttons and contact areas. Reassemble, and it should work.
If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off. Make sure that the program controller is working if not check power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the door switches, if contact is not through the microwave will not work.
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test. If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type. If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
MARGIN-TOP: 5px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px
MARGIN-TOP: 5px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px
To get to the panel, remove the outer cabinet of
the unit, which is usually held in place with a few screws. Once the outer
cabinet is removed, follow the power cord into the unit. It will take you to
the panel holder, where the panel sits. The panelholder is located two or three
inches into the unit, and may be attached to a power board.clean or dust out ht
e face of the panel and fix back the microwave. the button will ddefinetly work
This model does have a child lock. If it's on, the display will say "LOCKED".
It is turned on and off by holding dfown the "0" key for 4-5 seconds.
You may also have a bad keypad, which in many cases can be replaced.
A bad keypad may be worn out due to age, damaged, or it may have gotten wet or otherwise contaminated.
Moisture and contamination can be caused by spraying of cleaners, by storing the microwave in an unheated garage or shed, or infestation.
I warn my customers to never spray cleaner directly onto the microwave keypad, since the liquid can get inside and "lock up" or even ruin the keypad or controller.
Apply an alcohol-based cleaner (such as the purple kind) to a cloth (paper towels can scratch) and gently wipe it off.
I suggest to my customers that they NEVER use any ammonia-based cleaner (like the blue stuff) on a microwave, since the ammonia will crack and distort polycarbonate plastics.
Repost if you need more help.
It sounds like a shorted keypad. This can be due to age/wear or due to moisture.
If the unit is sevewral years old or has ben used a lot, then age and wear can be suspected.
Moisture is most often due to spraying cleaner directly on the keypad, which allows it to leak into the works. Always spray your cleaner on a soft cloth and then wipe the keypad clean.
Moisture can also get in if the microwave is mounted above a stove and a lot of boiling is done without adequate ventilation, usually via the exhaust or hood fan. This fan should be on when cooking on the range top.
In some cases, there may be some deposits on the keypad strip where it goes into the connector on the control circuit board. Sometimes that can be cleaned by unplugging then replugging the strip.
Could it be that you're not setting the manual according to the instructions in the owner's manual?
The manual is olnine at http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200507/20050727140356453_DE68-01945A[GB].pdf
I have attached a scren shot from the manual which shows the clock setting procedure.
Maybe it's as simple as this.