What you describe falls under the general category of svchost.exe issues
. Svchost.exe is used by your computer to access the registry and check the services to load during system startup.
arccon.ac is an ArcSoft Connect Notifier. There are two possibilities why its happening:
- Microsoft releases regular security updates that are installed automatically on your computer by the Automatic Updates feature, which is enabled by default on your computer. The Svchost.exe Application error usually appears due to a problem with a recent update.
Closing the error message might freeze your computer. To fix this error, perform the following tasks.
- Open Control Panel, select Performance and Maintenance, and then select Services.
- In the System Properties dialog box, open the Automatic Updates tab.
- Next, select the Turn Off Automatic Updates option.
- Select Apply and then OK to accept your changes and exit the System Properties dialog box.
- Restart your PC.
- Ensure that you are connected to the Internet and then select the Windows Update command from Start > All Programs to manually update Windows.
- After the update is complete, enable the automatic updates again from System Properties > Automatic Updates.
This should rectify your application error. However, if the error keeps reappearing, then you might turn off automatic updates permanently and manually perform Windows updates at regular intervals.
Errors Caused By Virus Infection
Let's hope that this isn't the case. Lengthy procedure but if you are still having trouble, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.