MY COMPUTER COME UP WITH TIME CODES NOT SET AND ASK'S FOR A PASSWORD
MY COMPUTER WAS OFF FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND RECENTLY I PUT IT ON AND IT COMES UP WITH SOMETIHING REGARDING TIME AND ASK'S FOR A PASSWORD.WHEN I PRESS ANY KEY NO ACTION TAKES PLACE ON THE SCREEN.I DON'T KNOW THE PASSWORD
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
start control panel Open User Accounts in Control Panel. On the Users tab,
click the name of the user whose password you want to change, and then click
Reset Password. In New password and Confirm new password, type the new
password, and then click OK. Notes You can change passwords only for local
computer accounts, such as guest, administrator, or accounts you create for
your computer. You cannot change your network logon password in User Accounts.
To change your own password, press CTRL ALT DELETE and then click Change
Passwordalsoif you want set a BIOS passwordduring the boot up process you will see on the screen for a short amount
of time to press a certain key to enter set up Press and hold that key during
the boot up process to enter BIOS scroll down to set user password or
supervisor password you can change or remove your password from there also click start control panel user
accounts on the users tab click the name of the computer
administrator you can change the password therehope this helpsyou should make a note of any passwords
and keep them separate to your computer incase of memory lapses
Thank you for posting to Fixya.com and it is my pleasure to guide you.
If your computer is less than a year old, take it back to the store and tell them to check it out. If you have a problem with that, simiply ask for a replacement.
1. Take the power supply to an electronic store and ask them to check the power supply, unless you have the equipment to make the test. If the power supply is putting out the correct power then the problem may be on the motherboard.
2. Plug the power supply back into the connectors on the MB and turn on the pc. If there is still no function of the HD then the connector at the HD should be checked. Using an OHM meter you can check the power cable for continuity by setting the OHM meter at the CONTinuity setting and put the end of each probe on both ends of the wires, one at a time. Check all the ends. If there is a beep, the wire is ok, if not the wire is bad.
3. You can also check the power connector on the hard drive for continuity. Touch the out side of a pin and then on the back of the HD by touching the flat soldered portion of the pin. There should be a beep there, if not then the pin is bad, which would make the HD incapable of running. You could check the other three pins as well. You could purchased another cable instead of checking it and use it.
If those two steps are ok then there is a problem on the motherboard. That would require a pc repairman to look at the MB.
Good luck and please post back that you are successful and give thumbs up if my solution has worked for you. If I can be more helpful just reply.
Finding a PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) number is not tough job. To find a PUK code all you have to do is call up on the customer care number and ask them to help you with the issue. Before they provide you the PUK code, they will ask you several questions. You need to give them the appropriate information. Customer care of your service provider are the only source from which can give you the PUK code.
At the time when you enter a wrong pin number three times. The phone asks you for a PUK number. The PUK code is generally eight digit number This PUK number is an unlocking code which helps you to unlock the phone and use it. If you enter a wrong PUK number 10 times than you simcard gets rejected. Then you will have to but a new simcard. It might happen that your phone might ask you for PUK2 after you enter your PUK number.
The easiest way to do so is to disconnect the PC from any power source, then open the computer case, locate the 9V BIOS battery and take it out. Wait 5-10 minutes, put it back in place, close the case and reconnect the power. BIOS settings should be reset now, including the password!
Usually HP or Compaq Pavilion Presario passwords are storedin eeprom memories
that has to be read or writen to remove / bypass the BIOS password!!! Password
generate a hash code that will appear after 3 wrong password attempts and it
has a 5 digit decimal format "xxxxx" You can get the hash code by
pressing F2 or F10 when you turn on the laptop to enter Bios and then when
password prompt appears hit F12 to get the hash code. I got My Pavilion Dv2000
And My Presario V3000 Bios password Unlocked at http://www.laptoprebirth.com
They can calculate a master password with the hash code. Hope
i assume that your printer is connected to a network. if so, it could be that the printer is set to use dhcp for the ip address. and if that's the case, it's better to set the printer to use static ip address since there would come a time that the dhcp server (a router most of the time) would provide another ip addresses to all the devices connected to it. that could be the reason why you are getting a "no connection" message (disconnecting and reconnecting it at times would solve the problem temporarily).
here are the steps on how to set static ip on the printer using a windows computer.(Note: the installation cd can automatically assign a static IP address as long as the printer does not obtain a dynamic (dhcp) address)
- boot up your computer the normal way so it'll get an ip address from your dhcp server
- then turn off your dhcp server so that the printer will not get any ip address via dhcp
- reset the printer to set its factory default configuration (with no dhcp address) * unplug the printer from the power * plug the power cord back in while holding in the printer’s report button (it will try to find a dhcp server; after about three minutes of no dhcp response, the printer will default to a static ip address of 220.127.116.11
- then print a configuration page to confirm that the ip address of the printer is set to 18.104.22.168
- then press the report button (wait until IP address is 22.214.171.124 before proceeding. if it remains set to 0.0.0.0, check the network cable connection to the printer and to the network is secure. If some other address appears repeat steps 3 and 4 until the default address appears
- you can now start the software installation cd
*during the installtion, follow these steps:
- select the model of the printer that you are using which is hp officejet before clicking on "next"
- then select "do network settings for me, then press "next *follow the instructions on the remaining install screens - the software will pick an ip address in the private 169.254.x.x range (not available on the open Internet) and permanently assign it to the printer. it will also set up a static route to that address in the computer’s printer configuration
- turn the dhcp server back on by turning on the dhcp server by connecting your cable/dsl modem or dhcp to the network. because the hp now has a permanent static ip address, it will no longer try to use dhcp server to get an address - install the software on the other computers on the network who will be using the printer. the installation software will discover the hp printer at the 169.254.x.x address, and will add the static IP address in each computer’s printer configuration
Note: if the installation cd will permit you to change th private ip address from 169.24.x.x, it's better to set it on the same range as of the ip address given by your dhcp server (for example your dhcp server provides ip addresses starting from 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.250, set the printer's ip address to 192.168.1.59-below or any ip address that will not compromise any ip addresses that were already being used by your other devices)
hope this'll help you but if you'll have other concerns just ask me.