Cant access router screen or get on the internet after updating the firmware
If you have updated the firmware for your router and you can no longer access the router screen please follow these steps and you will regain access to that screen. In the browser address bar type in http://192.168.2.1:88/login.htm. If you still cannot access the screen, follow the instructions below.
FOR Win95, 98, 98SE, ME:
1. Right click on Network Neighborhood. (you should see the icon on your desktop, or for winME it will say My Network Places)
2. Double click on TCP/IP for your network adapter.
3. Select ?Specify an IP address? and type in 192.168.2.41. For the Subnet Mask use 255.255.255.0
4. Then click on the DNS Configuration tab and select Enable DNS. For Host name you may assign whatever name you prefer. (ex: your name, or your computer name) Leave the Domain name blank. Under DNS search order, type in 220.127.116.11 and click add. Then add 18.104.22.168.
5. Click on the Gateway tab. Under New Gateway, type in 192.168.2.1 and click add.
6. Then click ok. Click ok again and you should be prompted to restart.
7. Once the computer is restarted, open your browser and in the address bar type in 192.168.2.1. You will get the router login screen. If you get a screen that says Recovery Micro Code, that means the update didn?t go through and you will need to update it again.
For Win2000, XP:
1. Go to your control panel and double click on Network Connections (for winXP you have to select Network and Internet Connections, then Network Connections)
2. Right click on your Local Area Connection and go to properties.
3. Double click on Internet Protocol and your TCP/IP properties should open up.
4. Select ?Use the following IP address? and type in 192.168.2.41. The Subnet Mask should be 255.255.255.0.
5. For the Default Gateway use 192.168.2.1.
6. Select ?Use the following DNS server address?. For the Preferred DNS server type in 22.214.171.124. For the Alternate, type in 126.96.36.199.
7. Click ok, then click ok again and restart your computer.
8. Once the computer is restarted, open your browser and in the address bar type in 192.168.2.1. You will get the router login screen. If you get a screen that says Recovery Micro Code, that means the update didn?t go through and you will need to update it again.
Feb 16, 2006 |
Belkin (F5D5230-4) Router