An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: It was working fine then no picture dark sceen sound...
More information is required. Your backlight is lit (screen not dark) but I need to know what you have connected to the TV (your sources) and how they are connected. Does the menu/OSD (on screen display) work?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Adjustments (stay out of that one) 2. Convergence (like the one in customer menu but better) 3. Option Menu**************
It will not correct the convergence circuit problem as those adjustments are stored in the Digital Convergence unit on the main board.
What it will do is a hard reset of the TV---everything back to factory original--can cure odd issues: no sound, video issues, you name it.
If you want I have found a site that has this for each of these sets--IT CAN ONLY BE DONE WITH THE ORIGINAL MITSUBISHI REMOTE.
I can get you a link to the site and manual for this set--since I never trust certain sites I do not download that manual but you can look at every page and copy paste to your computer the information needed for the OPTION menu and how to do it----stay out of adjustment menu as one wrong move and poof!
use the make a comment button to let me know what you want to do and I will help.
hi i have a 50" magnavox that has a problem, i was looking at several websites and i find out the dirfferent posibilities.
in your case i have 2 posibble answers.
1) negative image tv turns on and shots down in 2sec flashing pixels on screen dark image has sound but no video screen goes black and then return to normal picture vertical color lines on screen no video vertical color lines with video vertical bars on screen horizontal lines on the image picture goes red after while
IT COLUD BE (X or Y or Z SUSTAIN BOARDS )
2) just left part of screen working just right part of the screen is working vertical and horizontal lines on screen part of screen not working some functions not working no video but has sound functions not working at all
IT COULD BE (LOGIC CONTROL BOARD)
One of your "X" buffer boards is defective. In Panasonic plasma tv's they are located at the bootom of the set and connect directly to the plasma diplay panel via a thin ribbon cable. The board you want to replace will be directly in line with the discolored vertival line in the picture. The part number is on the circuit board and usualy starts with "tnp..." or "txp..."
1. try connecting laptop to an external monitor and check if this vertical dark gray bar appears. if yes it means video is the problem. you need to boot in safe mode then uninstall the video driver. boot to notmal mode then download and install the latest video driver. if still same problem then replace video card. if video is built in with motherboard you need to replace motherboard.
2. when the vertical dark gray bar did not appear in the external monitor then it means issue is with the LCD panel. Do this turn off laptop. press and hold D key then press Power button at the same time or Press and hold on the Fn key then Power button check if the test will run. Color displays full screen when you keep pressing on N key when the colors appears check the vertical dark gray bar if still exist in the test, this means LCD panel and LCD cable needs to be replaced.
Did you have color problems in past? Most of these sets have convergence problems. Amps goes out. But you should have seen some type of distortion from color, red,blue, green. If no color problems then maybe vertical ouput out or horizontal output bad.
I had the same problem I was told to unplug then reset but still no luck. Mine have been broken since Aug 2006 and seems like it's so hard to find somebody to fix it. Please let me know if you fix yours.