Question about Chaintech MK8M800 Motherboard
Both wd sata 1 hd(WD800 and WD1600) does not detect in the BIOS.It worked 1 day earlier,but I decided to move the drive to another drive for airflow,when I restarted the machine,it did not detect the HD.Earlier I used a program called system mechanic that stated that one of my sata hd was overheating(WD800).I've tried everything in BIOS and changed jumper settings nothing.
can't find chaintech website to look for BIOS update!!!!
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Not complete product...need to buy additional adapter for IDE to SATA power source.
IDE drive will have to have the power source hooked up as well as the adaptor hooked up.
Installing the adaptor only will not work. Your computer should have the 4 pin plug for the power to the IDE drive, other wise you will have to buy another adaptor.
Posted on Mar 23, 2008
Thank you for your query
Generally you dont need to disable the onboard VGA to AGP, all you need to do is to ensure that you plug the monitor lead into the AGP VGA card.
However if you wish to disable the onbaord VGA then please do the following
1) Ensure that the monitor lead is plugged into the onboard VGA card/port
2) Siwitch on PC then press F12, esc or del key to enter detup (When switching on there will be a message that says press X to enter setup)
3) This will present you with a blue BIOS screen, if yuo go through the menu there will be a option that says 'onboard/integrated peripherals'
4) choose that option and there will be a further option 'onboard VGA' this will be set to enabled. Set this to disabled and then save and exit
5) Note at this point you will have to move the VGA cable from the monitor from the back of the VGA prot to the AGP VGA card
I hope this has been helpful
Posted on Feb 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2012 | Western Digital Caviar WD1600 (1600YD) 160...
Mar 12, 2011 | Western Digital Elements powered by WD 320...
Feb 19, 2011 | Asrock AM2NF6G-VSTA Motherboard
Nov 29, 2010 | Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD SATA...
Sep 30, 2010 | ASUS A8N-SLI Motherboard
Aug 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2009 | ECS 945P-A (V3.0) Motherboard
Dec 11, 2008 | VIA JetWay PM9MS Socket 478 PM800 Micro...
Jan 31, 2008 | EliteGroup K8M800-M2 Motherboard
Jun 19, 2018 | The Computers & Internet
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: