Question about Computers & Internet
Get EasyLink Connect software from following link.It is a first-time setup application that automates the
setup of your Linksys router, including:
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
This guide is recommended for Cable Internet Service in the USA like Charter, Cox, Comcast, Cable Vision, etc.
3. If the internet is still not working; we will need to adjust a setting on the router setup page. To access the setup page of the router you need to open your internet explorer or Firefox on the computer that is hardwired directly to the router. In the address bar of your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) type http://192.168.1.1/ and hit enter or click Go. It will ask you for a username and password. Just type "admin" for the password field and there is no username. If you have ran the setup CD prior to this, then use the password that you have set when were running the setup CD.
4. Once you are in the setup page of your router make sure that the Internet Connection Type is set to Automatic Configuration DHCP, then click the save the settings button at the bottom of the page. After saving the settings, click the sub tab at the very top of the page that says MAC Address Clone. Set it to enable and click the button that will say Clone or Clone your PC's MAC and save the settings again.
5. After doing step 4, do a power cycle. Power cycle is done by turning of the router, modem and computer. Leave them off for a minute, tuned them back on in this order. Modem first wait for the lights to stabilize, then the router wait until the power light become solid. Then turn on the computer. This will get you online through the router.
Configuring the Linksys Router.
These instructions assume the computers TCP/IP Properties are configured to " Obtain an IP Address Automatically"
1. Connect the Linksys power supply and connect a Lan port to the computers Lan port.
2. Go to your desktop and double click on Internet Explorer (Located on the Start Menu in Windows XP)
3. When "Internet Explorer" opens type »192.168.1.1[?] into the "Address" bar and click on Go
4. The "Enter Network Password" window will appear.
5. Skip user name and type admin (admin is the default password) as the password, and click OK
6. Scroll down on this page and look for (on older firmware) PPPoE or select the option for PPPoE under "WAN Connection type"
7. Username: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and your password.
8. Select the option for "Keep Alive" with a redial period of 180
9. Click on the Apply button.
10. Then click on the Continue button
11. Exit Internet Explorer
1. Shut down your computer
2. Unplug the power from the router
3. Unplug the power from the DSL modem
4. Wait for 30 seconds and re apply power to the DSL modem
5. Once the lights on the DSL modem stop blinking power up the router
6. Start up your PC
Checking your internet Connection:
1. Go to your desktop and double click on Internet Explorer (Located on the Start Menu in Windows XP)
2. When "Internet Explorer" opens type »192.168.1.1/Status.htm[?] into the "Address" bar and press the "enter" key or left click the "go" button
3. The "Enter Network Password" window will appear.
4. Skip user name and type admin (admin is the default password) as the password, and click OK
5. On the left of the "Status" page you will see "PPPoE Enabled", and to the right you will see the Status of the connection. It can be one of the following:
6. If the status is "Connected" you should be able to browse the web, if not reboot your computer
7. If you get an error message please repeat the "Configuring the router" and "Power Cycling" steps with a different username.
- If all four connections fail then please see our knowledge base articles on the error you're getting.
Once the router is configured correctly you should change the default password and record it for reference.
You should also add the "Enter Network Password" page to the Favorites List, and review the user manual.
for linksys tech support call 1800 3267114
hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2013 | Linksys WRT120N Router
Mar 03, 2013 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Mar 03, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Apr 01, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Oct 16, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Jan 07, 2009 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
163 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!