An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
PC Laptops Master
Re: CD-rom driver is missing on my Toshiba laptop
Go to Control Panel >System>Hardware >Device Manager.
Click on the + sign and see if the cd/dvd drive is listed. Does it have a yellow or red mark?
If it does, right click it and select un-install. Then restart the computer.
While you are in the Device manager, click the + sign next to "IDE ATA/Atapi controllers"
Check and see if there is a red x or yellow exclamation sign on it. If there is right click and select un-install, then re-boot.
If that does not fix it, update your anti-virus and run a scan in Safe Mode. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Buy a drive cleaning CD/DVD, those from dollar store may also work, clean the drive a few times and it should read CD/DVD.
Alternatively look at the Toshiba support drivers for firmware update to your specific drive. Make sure you do get all the recommended and critical Toshiba updates. Check it here: http://support.toshiba.com/support/home
I just replaced my original CD/DVD ROM with a Toshiba SD-R2512 CD-RW/DVD ROM in my 1805-S253 running Windows ME. I used "Roxio Easy CD Creator" for writing to CD's. Everything was "plug'n'play" except the bezel that came with the new drive had to be swapped out. Windows ME recognized the new drive immediately and I didn't have to load any new drivers. This upgrade will probably work on other 1800 or 1805 Satellite series machines.
If you just need driver for your CD/DVD ROM, you can just download it automatically or rollback its previous driver.
For Windows 7
- click start > run > type "devmgmt.msc" w/o qoutes or (press the window key and letter r at the same time on your key board to open the run box.
- look for cd/dvd rom then right click to it select properties
- click the drivers TAB, below there will be an option for update driver or roll back driver
- if you select the update driver, select to download the driver online,
- if download online did not work, select roll back driver.
- you can do this in vise versa.