- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
when problem occur while cam is operating, the self-diagnosis function starts working, and may display the service mode display code. in your case, C:31:40, pertains to a part of the cam tape compartment mechanism called the drum that doesn't start up. issues could prevent you from recording, playing back tapes, rewinding or fas forwarding. t/s steps are: try diff tapes esp. w/prev recordings, reset cam (press reset button while cam is on, located just below the menu button, in the panel where the lcd screen goes to), power reset (remove batt and ac adapter and leave cam w/ any power source for at least a minute). if issue persists, unit will require repair. hope this helps.tnx:)
i think you are able too see the video in play back mode. so there is no problem in your LCD. i think the CCD has got damaged in your CAM. that is why you are not able to view anything in shooting mode. because CCD is the layer which converts the light falling on it to a electrical signal and shows us as a complete image.
this error pertains to one of the reels (the thing that turns the tape)is malfunctioning.so most likely you'll be having issues w/recording,playing,fast forwarding or rewinding the tape.you can try RESET (press the reset button located inside and beside the eject button in the tape compartment cover, while cam is on).if it doesn't work try POWER RESET (turn cam off,remove the batt,make sure the ac adaptor is not connected.turn power switch to camera or player, and leave w/o power for at least a minute.turn power switch back to off and reinsert batt.check if working).if still you get the error,repair might be needed.hope this helps.thanks:)
Your switch is under the lens on the right hans\d side when looking from the front of the camera . It has three positions :
Camera (on position for recording), off(in the middle), and play(on position for playing back your tapes)
don't know u're cam, but usualy the camera haz to "close" the dvd sesion, so that the computer/dvd player .... to be able to play it ...
Ofecourse u can play the video on PC, using cd/dvd data recovery software, that accesses the data directly and not track based ... (that in the case that the dvd got damaged and the recorder can't finish it ...)
I had the same problem. Try this: open the LCD screen so that you can access the playback buttons.Make sure camera is in playback mode. Press the "menu" button. Select "narration" . Switch narration to "off" .Now you should hear the recorded audio when your tape is playing.
* The MPEG Playback function works in M. PLAY mode only.
* You can play moving picture images on the Memory Card.
* To hear sound during MPEG4 playback, you must hook up to a PC and listen to the PC's speaker. (You cannot hear it from the speaker on the camcorder or a TV)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD position.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER mode.
3. Press the MENU button and turn the MENU DIAL to highlight MEMORY.
4. Press the ENTER button to enter sub-menu.
5. Use the MENU DIAL to select MPEG4 from the sub-menu. (M. PLAY SELECT)
6. To exit the menu, push the MENU button.
7. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the moving picture that you want to playback.
8. Press the PLAY/STILL button.
The moving pictures recorded on the MEMORY CARD begin playing back.