Question about Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
Printer was working fine - plenty of ink - switched it off to move it somewhere else - reconnected to same laptop but now it just rols out blank pages - sounds as if it's printing but no ink appears. have removed cartridge and replaced it but noticed that i didn't get the window which asks the questions about "is this a new cartridge" etc, so it's as if it's not installing the cartridge after i've removed it. won't print a test page - just blank.
Some third party cartridges will not work with your printer as they are remanufactured from used cartridges.
It is more expensive to buy genuine Lexmark ink, but atleast you know it will work.
You may try reinstalling the driver before buying new ink.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1. Browse to Start -> Run... and type in "NET STOP
SPOOLER" (this will stop the print spooler service)
2. Browse to your windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS\ folder
3. You should see files there ending in .SPL and .SHD created
around the time you tried to print - delete these files.
4. Browse to Start -> Run... and type in "NET START
SPOOLER" (this will restart the print spooler service)
5. Double click the printer icon in the lower-right corner of your taskbar to examine your print job queue and browse to View -> Refresh.
Apr 27, 2011 | Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
Oct 14, 2009 | Lexmark Z600 InkJet Printer
Oct 09, 2009 | Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
Sep 04, 2009 | Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
Nov 24, 2008 | Lexmark X1240 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 05, 2008 | Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
182 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: