Question about PC Desktops
Internet Explorer Cannot Download Files - How to Fix
1) Open Internet Explorer.2) Click on Tools, Click on Internet Options
3) On the General tab under Temporary Internet Files, click on Delete Files
4) Click Ok when it asks if you want to delete the files
5) Under the History section on the General tab, click Clear History, then click Ok
6) Close Internet Explorer
7) Log off the current user and Log onto another user account such as Administrator
8) Click on Start, Run
9) Type CMD and Press Enter to open a command prompt
10) Change directories to the Temporary Internet Files directory by typing the following command, substituting the correct drive letter and the word username with the correct user in Windows XP.
cd drive:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
Example: cd c:\Documents and Settings\Mark\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
11) type del index.dat and press Enter
12) Type Exit and press Enter to close the command prompt
13) Restart your computer
Once the computer has been restarted, open a web page with a link to a download. Click on the link and try to download the file. It should now work.
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2013 | Dell Dimension PC Desktops
1) Restart your PC
2) Logon and wait for the black screen to appear
3) Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)
4) Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously
5) When prompted, Click Start Task Manager
6) In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab
7) Next Click New Task
8) Now enter the command:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX"
Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.
9) Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process
10) When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.
11) Now restart your PC and the black screen problem will hopefully be gone
Oct 30, 2012 | HP Compaq d530 SFF PC Desktop
When you download a file-such as a program, update, game, video,
or document-you transfer it from the Internet to your computer.
When you download files using Download Manager, they're
automatically saved in the Downloads folder. This folder is usually located on
the drive where Windows is installed (for
example, C:\users\your name\downloads). For
information about managing your downloads and changing where they are saved, see
Manager in Internet Explorer
If you're saving a file, you can choose to save it to a particular
folder. If you don't select a folder yourself, some files are automatically
saved to a folder associated with the file type. For example, if you right-click
a picture on a web page, and then choose Save Picture As,
it will be saved to the Pictures folder.
Open Download Manager
Click the Tools button
, and then click View downloads.
Right-click a file, and then click this
To do this
Delete the file from the computer.
Copy download link
Copy the link you used to download the file. You can paste the
link, and then save it or send it to someone else.
Go to download webpage
Open the webpage where you downloaded the file.
Open containing folder
Open the file's location on the computer.
Report that this file is unsafe
Open a SmartScreen webpage where
you can report malware (malicious software).
Rerun security checks on this file
Run all security checks, including SmartScreen filter, on the
This information is in the "help files" in your computer.
Apr 17, 2011 | Toshiba PC Desktops
Oct 15, 2010 | PC Desktops
Jul 11, 2010 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Jul 20, 2009 | Dell PC Desktops
Feb 28, 2009 | HP Pavilion Media Center a1330n - AMD...
Nov 30, 2008 | PC Desktops
Oct 28, 2008 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Sep 13, 2007 | Sony VIAO P4 PCV-RS712 3.0GHz 512MB 200GB...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!