Question about Computers & Internet
Internet Explorer Cannot Download Files - How to Fix
1) Open Internet Explorer.2) Click on Tools, Click on Internet Options
3) On the General tab under Temporary Internet Files, click on Delete Files
4) Click Ok when it asks if you want to delete the files
5) Under the History section on the General tab, click Clear History, then click Ok
6) Close Internet Explorer
7) Log off the current user and Log onto another user account such as Administrator
8) Click on Start, Run
9) Type CMD and Press Enter to open a command prompt
10) Change directories to the Temporary Internet Files directory by typing the following command, substituting the correct drive letter and the word username with the correct user in Windows XP.
cd drive:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
Example: cd c:\Documents and Settings\Mark\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
11) type del index.dat and press Enter
12) Type Exit and press Enter to close the command prompt
13) Restart your computer
Once the computer has been restarted, open a web page with a link to a download. Click on the link and try to download the file. It should now work.
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
on Nov 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 03, 2011 | Internet Allume Systems Cleanup 4.0 Full...
Dec 28, 2010 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jun 23, 2009 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jun 13, 2009 | YouTube Videos
May 11, 2009 | Internet Compaq Evo N600C Laptop
Aug 20, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 Notebook
Sep 13, 2007 | Sony VIAO P4 PCV-RS712 3.0GHz 512MB 200GB...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!