I have bought 8 bluetooth devices for this palm centro. Each one has the same problem.... I have to have my centro right by my ear with the bluetooth in order to get a connection. If I place my phone down beside me or even in my lap, there is static and then it disconnects. But it I raise my phone back up to my ear near the bluetooth, it's crystal clear. This has happened with all 8 bluetooth devices I have bought. What's going on here? Can this problem be fixed? The bluetooth have ranged from $29.99 all the way up to $119.99.
I know it's the phone... but what can I do to fix this issue. I really like my palm centro, but I hate placing it on my face each time I need to use the phone. Help please. Oh. it's a Sprint Palm Centro. Just got it in February of this year and have not been able to make it work properly with bluetooths.... yes I went through the pairing set up step on the cell each time.
I cannot say I have the answer to this, but I am using a Jabra JX10 and it is working well. I previously had a Nokia 6256i, which I loved, but wouldn't work with the bluetooth at all. If you have not tried a Jabra, I would recommend it. Also, if you haven;t tried for a replacement phone, consider the possibility it might be the phone itself.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
... and configured the Bluetooth on the Palm TX Handheld and everything looks like ...I get an error message saying "Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the .... o At bottom of drop-down menu, click "New" [or select a existing connect ...
1. Ensure that your willing to consider pairing your phone with your PC in bluetooth mode 2. If so, please proceed 3. Place both your computer and telephone in bluetooth discovery mode 4. Setup up bluetooth simple password such as 12345 5. Accept the incoming connection on both devices and start to transfer your information this way 6. Understand that most cell phones have built in device drivers to allow for easy linking when attempting to connect your phone straight into your PC. 7. When the technological market invented bluetooth, and sim cards, many cell phone carriers NO LONGER place a large importance with direct linking. 8. You may always share an internet connection between your cell phone and your computer by using bluetooth technology. (Very reliable and cost efficient). 9. If you need a bluetooth adapter for your pc, you may always purchase one off the internet for a few dollars. 10.Please advise on how I may continue assisting you so we MAY RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM THE FIRST TIME AROUND.
Thank you for allowing
us to help, please respond with further questions and concerns
available for all problems
Before you leave
feedback, ensure that your concerns and problems are addressed completely with
PLEASE do not forget to
award/PROVIDE "POSITIVE" FEEDBACK
Hello, thank you for
sharing your problem with us, I would personally be happy to provide the most
accurate and up to date information for you.
With the jawbone turned off, press at the same time the turn on button and the noise reduction button. The jawbone should blink white and red for three minutes, in that time you shoul be able to find it as a bluetooth device in the free hnd configuration of the palm centro. than yu complete the conection by inserting the code. The next time you turn on the jawbone it will connect with te palm.
You would need to put Minitones on your device in order for your ringtones to work. It's a program that allows you to place ringtones on your memory card and then load them onto the phone. You can get the program & directions here: http://mytreo.net/downloads/minitones,1053.html
I use Bluetooth to synch to my Sanyo cell phone, so I would think you could do the same. I maintain my Contacts in Outlook and synch with my Palm. I then synch my Palm to my phone.
1. Make certain that your Contacts (in Outlook, Palm Desktop, or whatever you use as your source to feed data to your Palm) contains ALL the phone numbers you want in your phone.
2. If, like me, you have a lot of contacts and a limited number (500 in my case) of contacts that can be stored on your phone, you will want to erase all contacts on your phone first.
3. On your Palm, go to Preferences
4. Select Bluetooth -- Bluetooth should be ON, Discoverable (Yes) and Connectable (Yes)
5. Turn on your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone -- I believe the range is 20-30 feet but I have not tested that. When I synch, I have them both on my desk because I want to see that it is working.
6. Select Trusted Devices. Hopefully, your Palm will detect the cell phone. When it does, add your cell phone as a trusted device.
7. Select Contacts on your Palm and use the pull-down menu to select Send Category.
8. Select Bluetooth
9. Select your phone
10. Your phone will probably indicate that it is receiving data. You should soon have all phone numbers stored on your phone without using a direct-connect cable.
Email Restarts phone. Sprint said make a new user because of 3rd party software but won't help otherwise. Bluetooth won't work with my Pioneer DVD in dash Car receiver either. Works with my Jabra headset though. What gives? Any software I can download to fix? Thanks