- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As long as the NTSC DVDs are not region coded, and your TV is multi-standard (able to receive NTSC as well as PAL signals via A/V inputs or similar connections), the player should play NTSC just fine through it
I assume this is a PHILIPS player? If so, most PHILIPS DVD players support NTSC playback on PAL TV.
You are correct, Australia is region 4 for DVD standard. The only restriction would be region codes.
make sure to use lens cleaner to ensure DVD player is free of dust and dirt on laser lens
another cause would be that your DVD player is no multi-region or not region free, because many DVDs have region settings. in order to make your philips DVD player region free (can play all region DVDs) check link below:
NoThese days most of the companies are producing Region 0/ALL DVDs If you can get them OR buy a dual region DVD i.e. Region 2/4 which can play on both the regions. Most of the DVDs produced in India are multiregions. Choice is yours now
It is illegal to change the region code. I will not accept liability, but if you enter the phrase, "change dvd region code philips" on the YouTube website, some jokesters have some good videos which will show you how to do it. Two things they do not tell you:
1) It is illegal
2) It will only work 3 times, and then your player will be locked into whatever region code you set it to
You would really need a Multizone DVD player to do what you want to do legally (Philips does not currently make any of these)
1. Press Setup in the remote control 2. Go to Preferences and press OK in the remote control 3. Press the next sequence of numbers "1-3-8-9-3-1" in the remote control 4. Use up and down arrows to change the region
PS: if the sequence doesn't works, do it a little more quickly