- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The E1 error code means that the electronic thermostat is the problem. With what your describing as far as it being very hot and the E1 code,i would suspect one of 2 things;
1) the thermister is bad and needs to be replaced
2) thier is a blocked/restricted vent and or excessive lint built up in the blower housing causing the heat to be retained in the dryer instead of being vented out and across the thermister where its getting a false reading and throwing up the E1 error code
problem is an open thermistor as what error code E1 means. It's
either the thermistor is exhibits an extremely high resistance or the
wire harness connecting it to the control board is broken or cut open.
Click on the link below for the detailed procedure in troubleshooting this error code.
It's a error code and you can call your local appliance store and give them the code they should be able to tell you what it is that's setting that code. I think E1 is the control board and usually runs in the $200 range to replace. Hope it's a simple fix though.
E1 error code indicates an open thermistor or open thermistor circuit. A thermistor is a component that relays the temperature in the dryer to the control board. If the thermistor has failed, Error code E1 will be displayed.
You need to call a repair person to fix it.