- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a possibility that your battery has developed a short circuit or is so bad that it pulls down the charge voltage on the charger. You are therefore left starved of a power and therefore no function.
If possible, disconnect the battery and run the DS on the charger power alone. If the DS starts to work, I suggest replacing the battery.
The red LED indicates low power. When the DS is charging an orange LED should be on and the DS can be switched on, giving a second green light. If you tried charging it but the orange LED did not come on or only came on for a few seconds then the battery has not charged. The charger may be faulty or the power connector on the DS may be faulty. You need to try another charger. If another charger does not work then the DS is faulty and needs repair. It could be the power connector or the battery or some other fault inside.
If the amber LED comes on to indicate that the battery is charging then the battery should be fully charged within 3 hours. If the DS does not switch on after charging then the battery may be faulty. It can be removed by opening the cover on the bottom of the DS.
You should try and find a friend with a DS who will let you try their charger and battery in your DS.
If the DS itself is faulty it will probably be uneconomical to repair. If this is the case then try selling it on ebay as a faulty DS.
Does the yellow light come on when charging? Could be that the fuse for the charging circuit has gone, or on of the screens has been damaged. If it's only 4 months old and not been dropped etc, send it back to Nintendo I'd have thought.
You need to send it to a repair shop or nintendo as the fall has knocked out a fuse or damaged the power button or battery area, it will be one of the above if there is no power at all going to the little green and red led lights on the top right corner.
This is sometimes caused by a small capacitor on a connector board being blown. It's the only cap on the small board where the ribbon cable and screen connect in the top half of the system. If this is the problem, the part is less than a dollar, and the labor shouldn't be more than 15 minutes. You can use that information to judge whether or not you're getting a good price from a qualified technician.