Tv fine, video player fine, sky fine but dvd player on standby when i press power on remote the screen changes and flicks between two screen sizes then after a few minutes tv channel reappears and dvd player goes back on standby, the standby button flickers when this is happening so must be some power there. have changed the fuse and the batteries also unplugged all but still the same. any ideas im desperate, kids driving me mad coz cant watch dvds,help me haha.oh and no disc stuck in machine either and no other signs of life except the red standby .
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: philips dvd player not working
Im sorry to tell ya that you did all the things I would have suggested, so it sounds like a system control problem or a power supply problem, and if its a good machine then maybe its worth you having a service person look at it?? Most dvd units are not worth it these days, unless there combos or recorders.. Sorry couldnt be of more help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
CogecoClick on the TV button near the top of the remote. Click on the video source button on the bottom left corner of the remote. Using the arrow keys to highlight/select the inputyou want. Some televisions may require pressing the source button multiple times to change the inputs.
Televisions, AV receivers, soundbars and other home electronic devices switch ...Devices with toggle (or cycle) inputs have a single button on their remote that ... In the below example, you would press the Source button to bring up a list of ...
Before you begin please ensure you have connected your DVD player to your TV and both have the power turned on. Once you have connected your TV please follow the instructions below using the remote control.
Select SETUP then press OK (via the DVD remote control) Using the arrow down button highlight PREFERENCE Press NEXT, PREVIOUS, NEXT, PREVIOUS (the >l, l<, >l, l< buttons in the bottom of the remote control ). Your current region should show on the TV screen Using the arrow down button select region code 0 Press OK Press the 'HOME' button
You have now completed this process. Enjoy! (from multi-region.net) Also works for DVP3800. The remote control has no numbers on model DVP3950
Hello, It sounds like when you pressed the remote you inadvertently changed the scan on the ctv. This can cause the ctv ( colour tv ) to change from say ntsc to pal or similar. Even a reset button wouldnt help as it sounds like it is within the setup menu. You could try, as I have done this myself with a similar problem, disconnecting your dvd and putting it aside. Then, pressing the remote when in tv mode and watch for any change in screen flicker etc. If you have the original remote for ctv use that. If as you say, the tv goes to standby mode, you may have damaged the power supply, as the power supply will shut down to standby at any sign of a short.
This player is relatively easy to change to region free. Please complete all of the steps below to unlock your DVD player.
Please note: Unlocking any DVD player may invalidate the warranty. Unlock sequences may not work with some firmware updates and some DVD players have been damaged through failed attempts to unlock them. Unlocking your DVD player is done at your own risk.
Unlock sequence for the Philips DVP 3020:
1. Switch on your TV and DVD player; 2. Make sure the TV is set to the correct input for the DVD player; 3. Remove any disc from the DVD player and close the disc tray; 4. Press the "SETUP" button on the DVD player remote control; 5. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys to highlight "PREFERENCE"; 6. Enter 1 3 8 9 3 1 using the numerical keys on the Philips DVD remote control;
A pop-up menu will appear on the TV screen.
7. Use the UP/DOWN arrow key and choose "0" for all regions;
That's it. You should now be able to watch DVDs from all regions on your player. It is also a good idea to switch the player to standby and then switch it back on before trying any discs.
This is a verified unlock sequence for the Philips DVP 3020. If it doesn't work the first time, switch the power off and start again at step 1. If it still doesn't work, it is likely that you have updated your Firmware to a new version and this unlock sequence does not work with your firmware version
If you need further assistance, please reply to me from within this page and let me know which firmware version you have installed in your DVD player.
Have similar TV. If it is set to the PC source, it goes into standby when there is no signal, like a regular monitor. Even though the monitor is in standby, you can still press the Source button to change to, say, HD input, and will use the familiar on/off action when pressing Power on the remote.
1. Press the tray "open" button on the DVD player.
2. Enter the following numbers slowly on the remote control "1111" - 'note you will see nothing on the screen'
3. Press "0" on the remote (take note of TV screen to ensure you
select the right number. TV should show " New region 0" in top left
hand corner of screen.)
4. Press "open/close"
3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two
seconds, until the red light on the Skyremote control blinks twice.
4. Press tv on your Skyremote control again.
5. Key in the four digit code for your brand of TV. The light on the Skyremote
control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, recheck the code for your
brand of TV and start again at Step 1.
6. Press the standby button on your Skyremote control. If your TV
switches off, press select. The light on the Skyremote control blinks
twice (code stored). If your TV does not switch off, press tv, then
press the standby button. Repeat this (press tv, then standby)
until your TV turns off, then press select (stores code).
If at this point the LED on the Skyremote control blinks three times then all
possible codes for that make of receiver have been checked. Repeat from step
one, ensuring that you enter the correct manufacturer code.
At the end of the sequence, if you see the TV Guide screen, the remote control
setup process is complete. If you did not see the TV Guide screen, you must now
complete the following steps.
8. Press tv on your Skyremote control.
9. Hold down select and the green button together for about two
seconds, until the red light on the Skyremote control blinks twice.
10. Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching
11. Press select on your Skyremote control. The red light blinks twice. The
remote control setup process is complete.
You won't be able to use it for your dvd player unfortunately.
The code for sky is 0145.
1) Switch on the TV set
2) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote
3) Hold down the select and red buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice
4) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote again
5) Enter the 4 digit code for your make of TV
6) The LED should blink twice, if not recheck the 4 digit code used and go back to 1
7) Press the standby button on the Sky Remote (The TV should go to standby)
8) Press select to store this setting
If the TV does not go into standby press the TV button then the standby button, then TV then standby, keep repeating this until successful.
If you dont have the codes for a philips universal remote you have to press code search and TV at the same time till the led light stays on. Then press the power button a few times untill the power turns your TV off, then press the OK button. After that the code should be in the remote.