Question about PC Laptops
I have received two messages saying that my computer detects malware and I need to do something. Both messages have come up in the Skype window. I have Vista now. Does that make a difference? I haven't used the Skype on this computer, but I want to. Can you help me?
That IS a valid product!!!!!
when you install skype on your system then sum firewall settings are changed by the program (for sending the data through port:.. ) but may be that settings are not madded by the software skype so when you use skype windows firewall share his send report that your computer outgoing port may be send sum data without your information so they give the message of detecting malware
if u want to solv out
1:reinstall skype and before then u unstall it (old) ...else...
2:download skype and than install ..... download from..
if u don't want to unstall the program then
change the skype program main file settings in firewall
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2013 | PC Laptops
on Apr 13, 2010 | PC Laptops
Besides using an anti-virus, also scan for Malware/spyware:
Malwarebytes is as the name says, a Malware Remover!
Download the Free Version from the link above.
Download, install, update and scan once a fortnight..
How to use Malwarebytes after it is installed and Updated:
1. Open Malwarebytes > Click on the Update Tab across the top> get the latest updates.
2. On the Scanner tab, make sure the the Perform quick scan option is selected and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer
3. MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware. This process can take quite a while.
4. When the scan is finished a message box will appear
5. You should click on the OK button to close the message box and continue with the Malware removal process.
6. You will now be back at the main Scanner screen. At this point you should click on the Show Results button.
7. A screen displaying all the malware that the program found will be shown
8. You should now click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so. Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please continue with the rest of the steps.
9. When MBAM has finished removing the malware, it will open the scan log and display it in Notepad. Review the log as desired, and then close the Notepad window.
10. You can now exit the MBAM program.
hope this helps
Jul 18, 2012 | IBM Lenovo ThinkPad X40 Notebook
Sep 10, 2011 | PC Laptops
Jun 08, 2010 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Jan 20, 2010 | ASUS PC Laptops
May 29, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Dec 24, 2008 | Acer Extensa 4620 Notebook
Sep 07, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 Notebook
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!