Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

How to change the stop-**** (plumbing)?

The stop-**** is leaking @ the thread. how do I change this item?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 374 Answers

Shut off all water to the house and drain the system at the lowest point. If you have an electric water heater it would be a good idea to turn the power off to it in case the heater is drained by the hydraulic action. If this occurs the element may burn out. Once this is done you can use a wrench on the nipple protruding through the wall and another wrench on the stop to unscrew it. Remember to use teflon tape or thread sealant compound when installing the new stop.

Posted on Oct 21, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What to do if i can't stop the water flowing from the shower spout and there's little water pressure coming from the shower head and a hand held shower?

One rule I live by: more parts, more problems. Sounds to me that the plumbing/valves were not insalled properly. If you hired a profesional plumber, have them fix it. I am a licensed profesional plumber and I offer a 1 year warranty on all my work. If the contractor did the work and does not hold a plumbing license, that person is still responsible and may have to suffer legal consequenses.

Sep 10, 2013 | Latoscana TC3TPW690 Water Harmony...


The Home Inspection

It's a good idea tomake a regular habit of taking a full inspection of home plumbing whether ornot service is required. Unfortunately, most homeowners think of this as anunnecessary drudgery they'd rather not do. Yet, numerous times, professional NC plumbers advise regular home inspections of plumbing be performed. Once achecklist is created, the follow-up inspections become easier. Put on yourplumber's cap and make notes of any changes such as small leaks or unusualmoisture in kitchen, bathroom or basement plumbing.

on Oct 20, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Fixya login

Unfortunately this sounds like more than a blockage. If this was a blockage water would not drain, maybe fill in sink or dishwasher etc. If water is coming from walls probably means it is leaking from drain pipe in the wall. Which would mean opening wall to find leak.

Aug 14, 2013 | Mountain Plumbing Plumbing

1 Answer

How to change from a 1 1/2 pipe to a 2 pipe under a sink

go to a plumbing supply store and ask for a 2" by 1 1/2 pvc bushing

Sep 02, 2012 | Mountain Plumbing Products PVC Pipe Deluxe...

4 Answers

Will a compression fitting work on 1/2'' galv. pipe?

They do make a compression coupling for galvanized pipe, but I don't trust them very much. When you unscrew the joint with a pipe wrench just make sure to back it up with another, so you don't start to unscrew the next joint back.

Oct 04, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Leaking outside frost free hose bib

take it apart and put some trflon tape on the threads

Jun 01, 2009 | B&K Mueller/B & K 450-032 90 Red Brass...

1 Answer

Plumbing, gas pipes leaking

What you are doing is very hard to do without adding a union to the piping. There really isn't anything more you can do than what you already are doing. But if you have bubbled each joint and can't find anymore leaks then move to your valves. Also, flex lines have a tendency to leak as well. Like the ones that go to your water heater, stove/oven, furnace and small gas appliances. Check for the old style valves that don't meet code anymore like the valves with a bolt all the way through the valve. You will want to change them out to a ball valve. I hope this answers your question.

Apr 04, 2009 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

98 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

13751 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

26149 Answers

Gil Shultz

Level 3 Expert

3320 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides