Question about RIM BlackBerry 7290
I saw your instructions on how to unlock my Blackberry.
phone is locked
I have the code the AT&T gave me
hold down on alt key tped mepd but was never propted to enter code
What am I doing wrong?
Follow this instruction to enter your blackberry 7290 unlock code :
1. Power ON your BlackBerry 7290 with any SIM Card.
2. Scroll and select Manage Connections.
3. Select Turn All Connections OFF.
4. Press Escape to go back to the Home Screen.
5. Go to Options menu and select Advanced Options.
6. Click on SIM Card.
7. Click on Show keyboard.
8. Hold the ALT key while typing MEPD. You will not see text appear on screen while typing. This opens up a personalization menu.
9. Hold the ALT key while typing MEP2. You will not see text appear on screen while typing.
10. Press ALT and 2 simultaneously to get number 2.
11. You should be presented with a prompt Enter Network MEP Code.
12. Enter your blackberry unlock code.
Posted on Oct 25, 2011
I think I see your problem.
The 'mepd' must be uppercase. Hold the shift key down while typing in the MEPD.
Once you get into the area that shows what limitations are active or disabled, then you must use the Alt. Option key on the fare left third row of keys down. Holding the Alt. Options key, type MEP then release the Alt. Option key and press 2.
You should now be prompted to enter the unlock code. If not, start from where you had the last correct results. Also, If it will not work, back all the way out to the memo icon and try the keys you need to type to insure all of the keys are working and you are not fighting a temperamental key switch.
Good luck in your quest.
If you still need more help, just ask.
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry 7290
Jan 03, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry 7290
Aug 20, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry 7290
Oct 06, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry 7290
Jun 23, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry 7290
May 05, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Feb 27, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry 7290
Feb 20, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry 7290
May 06, 2014 | RIM BlackBerry 7290
380 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!