An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: PS2 memory card error occurred
This is a common error for PS2 that can be one or two different meanings. I hope it is the first reason.
1. Your laser may be dirty and has to be cleaned. A solution for this is to buy a laser cleaner cd and run it in your system. Avoid keeping the PS2 in a dusty area, and avoid overheating simply by turning off the console when not in use.
2. If your game is not spinning while loading there is most likely damage to the internal computer or motor. This can be fixed, but the cost may be more than the actual system. If you are under warranty GREAT just simply call sony and give them the required information and they will send you a new one. The number for Sony is listed on the back of almost every game booklet.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This means that the file they are trying to load from became damaged somehow. It likely became damaged by ejecting the game or turning off the PS2 while the game was saving to the file. There is no way to fix a corrupted file, and you will just have to delete it.
If it is happening to every file on the memory card, the memory card may be broken. There is again no way to fix this, but to try and delete every file on the memory card.
YOU PROBABLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MEMORY ON YOUR PS1 CARD AND THE PS2 DOES'T KNOW HOW TO TELL YOU THIS BECAUSE IT WAS ONLY PROGRAMED TO SAY NOT ENOUGH MEMORY WITH A PS2 MEMORY CARD. TO PLAY OFF YOU SAVED DATA TRY TRANSFERRING YOUR MEMORY TO A COMOUTER THEN TO A PS2 MEMORY CARD... BEST OF LUCK
as of right now there is no true fix to the problem. deleting the file does nothing to stop the future failing of future saving. the file is indeed not corrupted, however, there is something corrupt with the game and it doesn't matter if you buy a new one because it will happen again. it is the game! it is not the memory card, the save file, or your PS2. i recently purchased a new hobbit game to see if it would solve the saving issue, it did not. as soon as i got to a certain point during the Barrels Out of Bond chapter, it sent an error message first stating there was not enough room on the card, then later on it stated that the data was corrupt. there was enough memory and the file was not truly corrupt. as far as we know, there is no solution to this problem. many people have had this issue though and it would be nice if the game's developers would address the issue.
you cannot save another file until you delete previous one.Corruption occurs if the memory card is removed from console or if you reset the game while saving or loading game remember this also happens when you are saving or loading game and electricity turns off.
i have the memory manager, something similar happened to me and i quickly realized that the game file was compressed. id check to see if you can manipulate the file with the memory manager, maybe playing with that could make the game read the info.