Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have a television that only has a coax in jack. Also, I have comcast cable with a motorola dct2524/1612. How do I connect a wii to the rca jacks at the back of the motorola cable box and play the wii?

Posted by on

  • bob0range Oct 17, 2008

    Thanks I'll give it a shot


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 899 Answers

You will have to use a vcr to take in the coax cable and the rca jacks and use the vcr or stereo reciever with a/v in and out and use that to switch between the cable and the game

Posted on Oct 17, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

The component that you plug satelite cable into on back of tv got broken off . is there a way to fix this ?

If you are talking about the coax cable fitting on the rear it can be repaired or replaced ---if it came loose or off you do have another option.

If your satellite uses a box and it has the audio/video jacks on it for signal out---hook them to the TV input jacks on back just like the ones the sat box should have---bypass the problem.

If I had to guess the cost for replacing the fitting will be over 100 depending on who you get to do the job---I have done them in the home and usually takes less than a hour.

there are two ways to hook up---with the cable/coax fitting and with the audio/video (sometimes called RCA jacks) inputs.

May 28, 2012 | Samsung HC-P4741W 47" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

RCA D61W20 antenna/cable broke off

You have two real options here.

First any good shop can remove the board and repair/replace the fitting but it will not be cheap.

Figure 150 minimum for this on this set.

Second: If you have a cable or sat or other box for signal and it has AV jacks on the back---go from them to one of the inputs on the back of the set and BYPASS the tuner connection.

If you do not have a box but have an old VCR around (it does not have to work) you can connect the signal source to it and from its output (audio/video not the coax) route signal to the set.

Does this make sense or do you have questions?

sd tech

Oct 28, 2011 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer


set should have 2 cable connecters; IF IT DOES NOT CONNECT VIA CABLE BOX/SAT BOX ETC TO ONE OF THE SETS OF AUDIO/VIDEO JACKS ON BACK OF SET AND USE IT THAT WAY----the AV jacks bypass the cable fitting.

Tuner could be removed and coax fitting replaced but just go around the problem.

If you do not understand, comment here and I will explain.


Jun 02, 2011 | Mitsubishi VS-70707 70" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Where does my coax cable plug into this tv? I can't find the cable jack.

In between your composite inputs and audio inputs on the back, there should be a coax plug that says antenna/cable. Plug it in there and you should be good.

May 03, 2011 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

The tv acts like the cable has gone out even though it has not. on my mitshubishi rear projection 52 in

do you have the yellow video and red and white audio rca cables ?
it will give you a better picture than the coax connection.
but the tv tuner may be going , so using the rca jacks would eliminate the tuner, but finding out which tuner is bad ( cable box if using one or the tv tuner)should be checked with another tv to see if it also happends to that tv , if it does not then the other tv tuner is bad and needs to be replaced

Apr 18, 2009 | Mitsubishi VS-45607 45" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

I want to hook a system

you will only be able to get digital surround( dolby digital ) from your dvd player( by the coax or optical digital connections ) , the rest will only be in virtual surround

from the dtv box plug the yellow video jack(RCA) into the vcr video input , then plug the audio jack or jacks into the audio input on the vcr. from the vcr hook the audio out to the audio in on the reciever( tv/vcr/sat... input ) , then also connect RF out from the VCR to RF in on the TV .
for the dvd player hook the "s-video out" to the "s-video in" on the tv , then the audio L and R on same s-video input , then send the audio out connection on tv to L and R input on reciever dvd L and R input , then you will need to connect the optical from the dvd player to the reciever or coax connections for the dolby digital on the reciever to work

Jan 17, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Ant-In is broken off on Sylvania TV Model #6427FF

You can buy an RF modulator to connect the coax via other means such as RCA jacks. The part is usually under $30.00 and can be found at most stores selling tvs.

Sep 06, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I'm wondering if I can replace the rca inputs and coax jack on a sharp tv

Good day, jscivally;
You bet you can. First determine what coax jack is attached to, eg. tuner, pc board and etc. Then make sure that item was not also damaged. Present model information and it should not be hard to fine the items you need. Make sure you have a good soldering gun, station, this will be soldered on-in parts.
Hope this was helpful, good luck, big IRISH.

Jul 20, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Hitachi ultravision 50v500

there should be 3 sets of video rca jacks on tv or receiver they might have put them on the wrong rca jack in which they just need to be moved over
usually the 3rd set of rca jacks are component jacks not for tv or video but for low output signals say like cameras and only one set of rca's can be used at a time svg on one of them rca's will over power the vid's. so have no picture

Apr 14, 2008 | Hitachi UltraVision CineForm 55VG825 55"...

1 Answer

No input from cable connection

Sounds likely you have a bad tuner. If you have a cable box with your cable service and it is upgraded for video and audio rca jacks output you can run red white and yellow wires to tv input where the DVD is connected or additional jacks if available. This bypasses the tuner

Jan 01, 2008 | Televison & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

84 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

69955 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6467 Answers


Level 3 Expert

64286 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides