Ok I hook it up with all the appropriate lights going but then get to passphase and it will not accept what I give it. I had another router with a password, the password for that one does not work one will not work
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you can secure your router by going to internet explorer and browsing to 192.168.1.1
the login/pass is blank/admin if you haven't changed it
go to the wireless link and then click on wireless security to setup your encryption/passphase.
choose wpa personal and then a passphase for for your wifi. any devices that want to use the wireless will need to tyep the passphase you created to join the network.
You will need to check the wireless settings of the router. Do yo have any computer connected to the router with the cable or Do you have any computer online using the wireless connection ? If not then you will need to connect the computer to the router. Once you have computer connected to the router or any computer on line using the router , you can open the set up page of the router and check the wireless settings of the router. On this page you will find the wireless settings of the router.
1. Click Start => Settings => Network Connections 2. Right click on your LAN connection and click properties 3. Under General Tab, click the configure button to configure your Ethernet adapter 4. In the dialog box that appears, click the Advance Tab 5. Under Property, scroll down to SPEED and Duplex and set the property to 100Full
However, you can set it to its default value: Autonegotiation. It you have switch or hub that runs on 10mbps, it should run at 10 and not 100mbps
Hard to say, since I don't know what you mean by "will not start". Probably the first thing to do is check your router's wireless setup and the computer's wireless setup to make sure they both have the same security settings, including the key.
Firstly to use direct TV all you have to do is open up some ports on the router .
Get the port numbers from The Direct TV Tech Support
I'll give you an alternate solution in case they are unable to provide you with port numbers
Please make any changes to the router from a wired computer using lan (any computer)
Solution 1 : Opening ports
1. Start ->run -> cmd -> Ipconfig
2. You will see a default gateway address (eg :- 192.168.2.1 for belkin or 192.168.1.1 for linksis , d-link etc) which is the ip address of your router .
You havent clarified which router you have .
3.Type this gateway address (only the numbers) on the address bar of your browser or type http://address
4. Well this will open up a router setup page for you
5. Once you are through in this page half work is done
6. Click on virtual servers under Firewall( again terminologies may vary from router to router )
7. Input the port numbers and IP address of the Direct TV .
You can find the IP address of direct TV on its dashboard .
Or alternatively find the ip addresses of your devices (computer , x-box) connected to the router.
On the rsp you'll find all listed IP addresses under the first tag and so find the ip address of Direct TV
8.Reboot router .
10.You can also change the channell on the router to 6 or 11 which will give you the best signal strength.
In case you dont get the port numbers
1. Open the RSP as described earlier
2. Under Firewall you'll find DMZ Click that
3. Input the IP address of your Direct TV
4. Reboot Router
Note: This will put the Direct TV outside the firewall of the router
Hope this brings a spark to you and do let me know please.