Question about Samsung P241
I would like to make my Samsung P241 dvd player region free. So far I haven't found a solution on the web.
1. Make sure there is no DVD in the drive. The player must be empty. Turn on the player, (the Samsung logo appears)
2. Press the SUBTITLE button on your remote
3. With your remote enter the code: 76884
4. The current region is displayed on the top left corner of the screen. (e.g. 4)
5. Press 9 on your remote (Region free)
6. Again press the SUBTITLE button on your remote
7. Enjoy the Region free player
If your player is NOT Region 4 by default then you will need to Substitute the Numbers in Step 3 with the ones Below.
RC 1: 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
RC 2: 3, 8, 7, 6, 7 (or 5, 7, 5, 3, 8 )
RC 3: 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
RC 4: 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
RC 5: 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
RC 6: 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
For Example if your Player was Purchased in the USA ( Which is Region 1) then Step 3 would read :-
3. With your remote enter the code: 29334
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
I have managed to get a solution to this now. I have a region 4 as in Australia so depending on where you are you'll need to try the correct region. It worked for me first time. Point 4/ below my region code appeared in the top right corner for a couple of seconds not the top left! Once you've completed below turn the machine on again and stick in one of the dvds that would not work before.
1/Turn machine on without disc inside
2/Press menu button
3/Enter region code (See below for list)
4/A highlighted 'region area number' will appear in the upper left corner (some players)
5/Press 9 to change the region number to multi-regional
6/Turn machine off
R1 - 29334
R2 - 38767 or, 5 7 5 3 8
R3 - 56732
R4 - 76884
R5 - 53814
R6 - 24462
Posted on Sep 19, 2008
SOURCE: changing to multi region dvd
There are a couple sites I found that offer the codes for that player and the BD-P1000. I am not sure if I am allowed to post the links for those sites but the link to the site zimcloud posted is one of the places I saw it listed. You can google the model and region code and a list of sites come up.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Haven't tried it, but found this online somewhere....
1. Open tray and remove any disks in tray.
2. Close tray.
3. Switch Off Player and Unplug from mains wait 30 seconds (this clears RAM)
4. Reconnect to mains
5. Turn on player with remote.
6. Press ENTER on remote.
5. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9.
7. Press ENTER on remote. (The tray will open)
8. Switch off power from remote, then switch back on.
9. Player is now Region Free.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
You can try to use this tip,
which is generally used for all these Samsung models:
I think that P-241 is about the same of P-233, which is unlocked with
this tip. You can try, and then answer me if worked.
1. Make sure that there is no disc in the tray and switch on the player.
2. Cold start the player, by holding down the PLAY and STOP buttons on the player.
3. You should see a set of language options. Release the PLAY and STOP buttons.
4. Select your language.
5. Press REPEAT then the following codes for the required region the player is already set to (region you bought the player in) do not confuse this with the A-B button:
Region 1 - 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
Region 2 - 3, 8, 7, 6, 7
("E series M105", M205 and M305 users try: 57538)
Region 3 - 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
Region 4 - 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
Region 5 - 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
Region 6 - 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
6. A code will appear, indicating the region setting of your player.
7. Press 9 for region-free, or 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, etc.
8. Press OPEN/CLOSE on the Player to open the disc tray. You may need to push the tray shut rather than use the player button, in order for the region not to be changed to 4 (M203).
9. Press STANDBY (POWER) on the remote control to close the tray. Next time the player is turned on it will set to the region specified. If the player halts on the FBI Warnings, press Forward Search x2 or faster.
On some models, you will have the ability to disable Macrovision, but you will have to turn off the Quasi-PAL option and set the SCART output type to Video rather than RGB.
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2013 | Samsung BD-UP5000 Blu-ray and HD-DVD...
Jan 12, 2013 | Samsung BD-E5400
Jun 03, 2012 | Samsung DVD-P241 DVD Player
Apr 04, 2011 | Samsung P241
Dec 13, 2010 | Samsung DVD-P241 DVD Player
Nov 07, 2009 | Samsung DVD-V85K DVD Player / VCR Combo
Jul 09, 2009 | Philips Magnavox MWD7006 DVD Player
Dec 10, 2008 | Samsung DVD-P241 DVD Player
319 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: