Was just watching tv and it conked off. The red light which shows on the tv is completly gone. doesn't start start anymore .checked the main power and everthing looks fine , its just the BUSH TV red light where normally when you switch on the power u can see it but its not existing anymore. The TV is 4 yrs old and not under warranty period, Has the CRT tube conked, if so how much is the repair cost
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: tv switches off automatically
Tube is ok .first thing you can is to re soldered you tv,next check the horizontal output transistor maybe it's busted. Horizontal output transistor located near the plyback. it is a rectangular parts with 3 pin.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sep 15, 2012 - Uploaded by alwaysafix
My tv turns on and off by itself the minute I plug in the cable. .... Samsung E6030 led tv hv blinkin red light ...
Shorted circuit board components. Contact any service technician or the authorized service centre for LG, to confirm. Troubleshooting to plasma TVs is really a skilled work. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Viewing it in "Mosaic" will make surf easy. Surf the site with patience. Pull up older posts. Surf the site with patience. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
Well the discussion on here is
about the light going on and some people here find it annoying that the
machine is on when they thought it was off. Now maybe you want to
re-read the original post.
some claim that the TV switches them from their favorite show to the
atv because of this sudden unexpected atv switch-on. The fact is that it
does not emit video over the HDMI when the light goes on. What happens
is that if you turn your TV on and the device you want to use is already
on, the tv will recognize the HDMI input and automatically switch to
that channel. That happens when you switch the TV on. But it does not
happen while you are watching TV.
a previews post stated, the atv uses the same software as iPhone
& iPad. All these devices send packets over the network while
they're in sleep mode. So if your peripheral device doesn't work with
these products, either sort out the peripheral's functionality or stop
using the atv. All future smart phones & tablets will remain on
while in standby and so do current DVRs.
You may be the proud owner of devices that subscribe to the Consumer Electronics Control (CEC for short). These devices, via the HDMI cable, can read each others needs. If a CEC supported DVD is connected to your HDTV and the player is powered on, your HDTV will automatically change to that input ( eg: HDMI 2). Conversely if your HDTV is on and you change input to HDMI 2 the DVD player will turn on.
You could try the "masking tape over the TV's IR eye" to see if there is any extraneous Infra Red in the room that might be causing the problem? If it stops check for bright or shimmering light bulbs or Compact Florescent Lights (CFL's)
OK your problem is the Alternator isent charging the battery How to check it is to charge battrty first and then start the engine and turn on the head lights Noe see how bright they are and with lights still on turn off the engine Do the lights stay the same or go dim .
Now with lights still on start engine again and watch the h/lights Do the brighten up if no then turn all off and your answer is the alternator needs either replacing or change over as the battery is a 12 volt and the alternator charges at 13.5 volts AC current but the car is DC but the alternator changes the voltage to DC automaticly.
Let me know how you get on with it Ron
3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two
seconds, until the red light on the Skyremote control blinks twice.
4. Press tv on your Skyremote control again.
5. Key in the four digit code for your brand of TV. The light on the Skyremote
control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, recheck the code for your
brand of TV and start again at Step 1.
6. Press the standby button on your Skyremote control. If your TV
switches off, press select. The light on the Skyremote control blinks
twice (code stored). If your TV does not switch off, press tv, then
press the standby button. Repeat this (press tv, then standby)
until your TV turns off, then press select (stores code).
If at this point the LED on the Skyremote control blinks three times then all
possible codes for that make of receiver have been checked. Repeat from step
one, ensuring that you enter the correct manufacturer code.
At the end of the sequence, if you see the TV Guide screen, the remote control
setup process is complete. If you did not see the TV Guide screen, you must now
complete the following steps.
8. Press tv on your Skyremote control.
9. Hold down select and the green button together for about two
seconds, until the red light on the Skyremote control blinks twice.
10. Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching
11. Press select on your Skyremote control. The red light blinks twice. The
remote control setup process is complete.
3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
4. Press tv on your Sky remote control again.
5. Key in the Brand Set code for your brand of TV then press select. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, re check the code for your TV and start again at step 1.
6. Press the on/off button (power-top right button on your Sky remote control).
If your TV switched off, press select . The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
If your TV did not switch off, press tv , then press the on/off button. Repeat this (press tv , then on/off) until your TV turns off, then press select.
If the light on your Sky remote control blinks three times, your Sky digibox has checked all the possible settings for the code you used. Check that you have the right 4 digit code and start again at step 1.
7. Press tv guide . If you see the TV Guide screen, the remote control setup process is complete.
If you did not see the TV Guide,you must now set the TV Guide function as follows:
8. Press tv on your Sky remote control.
9. Hold down select and the green button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
10. Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching satellite TV (For scart switching, this may be one of the other buttons on your remote e.g. help, i or a colour button).
11. Press select on your Sky remote control. The red light blinks twice. The remote control setup process is complete.