Question about Plumbing

2 Answers

Kitchen spout leaks

I have an American Standard two faucet in my kitchen and the base of the spout leaks at the base. How do I remove it and replace the washers?

Posted by on

  • 4 more comments 
  • quirkylwj Nov 19, 2008

    I have a simialr problem. It is an american standard single handle faucet. There is no separate sprayer but you can pull the faucet out and use it as a sprayer. I have replaced the cartrige and that didn't solve it. THe leak is around the base of the faucet "tower". As much as i try, i can't seem to remove the tower. It will pull up about a centermeter and then get stuck. No about of wiggling and pulling will get it past this point. I don't want to undo the locking nut under the sink as unfortunately the genius who installed it put it in in such a way as it sits flush with part of the counter. I'd have to take most of the counter apart to get it undone or maybe remove the sink.

  • John N E Nov 22, 2008

    I have the exact same problem as the previous poster. Can someone please come back to this issue with a resolution?

  • Anonymous Dec 17, 2008

    I wish I knew how to remove this faucet.  Has anyone achieved this removal?

  • apple_grower May 06, 2009

    I have a delta single handle kitchen faucet. I took the handle and top off and, by all accounts the spout should simply lift off. I have wiggled and tugged and worked it to death and it only comes up about a quarter of an inch and then is stuck there. It won't come off.
    I would like to replace the o rings there but have no idea what to try next. Something is holding it from coming off. Any ideas?

  • andyf132 May 20, 2009

    I have an American Standard two faucet in my kitchen and the base of the spout leaks at the base. How do I remove it and replace the washers?

  • andyf132 May 11, 2010

    the water comes out from the middle piece at the base.


2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 171 Answers

Hi buffy9,

I'm Harvet the Master Plumber.

Your question is: You have an American Standard two faucet in my kitchen and the base of the spout leaks at the base. How do you remove it and replace the washers?

Are we talking about an American Standard two HANDLE faucet or one of the single handle models?

Thank you,
Harvey your Master Plumber

Posted on Oct 17, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I had the same problem and found that the connection where the hose connects to the pull-out faucet had come loose. Pull the faucet and hose out some and tighten. The water had been leaking back down the shaft and coming out the base.

Jeff G.

Posted on Dec 13, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I disconnect a price Pfister quick connect?

There is a tool that presses on the collet at the tend of the fitting. It look like an open ended wrench.

Price Pfister Quick Connect Sprayer Hose Removal - YouTube

? 1:50
Feb 1, 2014 - Uploaded by brianmcdrummer
In a few easy steps I'll explain how to remove your sprayer hose from your diverter. ... Pfister Faucets 17,981 ...

trick to removing price pfister quick connect sprayer hose - YouTube

? 0:23 Aug 14, 2012 - Uploaded by Biren Patel
This shows you how to remove the price pfister "quick connect" hose on the end of the kitchen sprayer head ...

Pfister - How To ' Remove a Sprayer Hose Connection ... Order Parts, FAQs. FAQs. Resources. Step by step instructions on how to remove a sprayer hose connection for the Price Pfister 529 Series faucet.

Pfister - How To ' Remove a Diverter Tee Connection for the 26 Series ... Information · Order Parts, FAQs. FAQs. Resources. Step by step instructions on how to remove a diverter tee connection for the Price Pfister 26 Series faucet.

Pfister - Removing quick connect HELP ' Terry Love Plumbing ... > Home > Forums > Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Dec 13, 2006 - 6 posts - ‎5 authors
Purchased a replacement sprayer (with hose) for a Pfister Contempra faucet. How the heck do you remove the old hose from the handle assy? How do disconnect price Pfister quick connect Google Search

Jan 08, 2017 | Price Pfister Plumbing

1 Answer

Fresh water supply stoped working

check/ replace the capacitor on the motor

Jan 09, 2015 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Diy plumbing

most likely that it is a old drain pipe as some plumbers used copper for that purpose. if it is a drain all u have to do is cap it. if it turns out to be a vent pipe u can install a end of the line vent cap. I cant remember what it is called but your supply store will know. just tell them u want to install a vent under the sink not through the roof.

Jun 04, 2014 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

2,193 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

14754 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

29146 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides