Question about Whirlpool MH8150XM 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
My microwave is a Whirlpool, model #YMH6140XFB2 and I have replaced the properly fuse (20 amp). Yet, the fuse keeps blowing. I don't know if the fuse is the problem since it is a no name brand. Hopwever, as I stated, the light turns on, fan turns on and display is on but only when I turn on the microwave it goes on for about 3 sec and then the fuse blows. I am thinking there is a short or malfunctioning mangetron. Does the magnetron need to be replaced?
Your input would be greatly appreciated.
SOURCE: fuse keeps blowing.
It appears like the high voltage capacitor is shorted or the diode connected to the capacitor. You might want to check the monitoring switch as well if the capacitor and diode are good.
Click here for more info on how to work around these high voltage devices.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 06, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens
Jan 30, 2015 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Oct 26, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 16, 2017 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Sep 17, 2009 | Viking VMOC205SS Microwave Oven
Mar 18, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 16, 2008 | Whirlpool MH6140XK Microwave Oven
Oct 14, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: