Question about PC Desktops
Avery you need to configure your router to avoid having people using your internet conection:
please provide the model and maker of your router and I can walk you through a desirable configuration. or if you want to try it yourself check on your router's manual as usually there will be instructions on what you need to do...
for you to have a general idea i suggest your read the following article that explains common things you need to set up like:
1. change the default SSID (the network name or name of your router/access point)
2. hide your ssid (so only you know the name and set up the computers you want manually to use it)
3. a network key/passphrase: so in order for other computer to join your network a key/passphrase or password is provided first
4. encryption: so your neigbors don't decipher what you're transmitting wirelessly.
5. configure your computer to access your wireless network after configure your router with the configuration you set.
if you have any questions post back and make sure to note the router model and maker
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2012 | PC Desktops
Apr 04, 2012 | PC Desktops
Mar 26, 2012 | Dell Dimension PC Desktops
Mar 01, 2012 | HP PC Desktops
Dec 18, 2011 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Dec 10, 2011 | Systemax SYX Venture VX21 Desktop PC Intel...
Mar 12, 2009 | PC Desktops
Dec 04, 2008 | PC Desktops
Oct 29, 2008 | PC Desktops
Feb 13, 2008 | PC Desktops
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!