If your GPS unit powers down before it can fully boot up, use the steps below to charge the GPS unit and test the vehicle power cable:
- Connect device to a computer that is powered on
- The unit should power On when you plug it in showing a computer plugged into the GPS unit on the screen (Mass Storage Mode)
- Press Reset button on the bottom of device if it does not power On*
- Allow the unit to set and charge for 3-4 hours
Once the device is charged please take it to the vehicle and test it on the vehicle power cable.
- Connect the device to the vehicle power cable
- Connect the vehicle power cable to outlet on vehicle
- Power the vehicle On
- Device should automatically power on
- If a battery icon appears directly to the left of the time then it is not receiving a charge from the vehicle
- Please check the fuse in the vehicle power cable
- The end of the cable unscrews to reveal this fuse
- Check to make sure the wire element inside the fuse is in contact and that there is no discoloration.
- If you see either of these the fuse needs to be replaced with the replacement fuse specifications listed on the sticker attached to the cable.
- If the fuse looks good and there is still no light, the vehicle power outlet may need to be checked to see if it has power.
*Note - The reset button may be found on either the left or right side. In some cases if the device does not have a reset button slide the power key to the left or On position for about 10 - 15 seconds.