Green lite comes on for about 2 to 3 seconds then shuts down red lite pulses
The set will stay in ready mode, but when I turn the set on, the green lite will come on, on both the receiver and the monitor, but in about 2 seconds the green lite on goes out on the monitor only, the red lite comes on and pulses.
Re: green lite comes on for about 2 to 3 seconds then...
If the back was off the board on the left is your Ysus board. It will have a cable plugged into the right side of the board from the signal board. Unplug the the Ysus board. If it stays on without a picture change both Y and Z sustain boards. If this helps let me know.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I am going to step you through a Memory Initialization. You must follow this closely and make no other adjustments than what I describe.
1) Change the input to video one.
2) Turn the set off and let it totally shut down. (2 to 3 minutes)
3) Press the Input Button and the Power Button on the front panel of the set at the same time for two seconds.
4) You should have a Service adjustment menu appear on the screen. Using the Hitachi remote control, press the Menu Button . A different Service menu should appear. Using the UP/Down Cursor buttons located in the center of the remote to scroll down the Menu until " Memory INIT " is hi-lited.
5) Then press the Right Cursor button down and hold it for 2 seconds. You will notice that the box to the right of the hi-lited selection is checked.
6) Then press the Exit button to exit the Adjust mode, press the Exit Button one more time to exit the service menu.
This should get it back to a proper picture. If you have had any power surges or real quick on/off power outages could have caused the EEPROM to crash.
I hope this helps,
Sounds like the power supply. The supply checks for all the various voltages to be there - if they are not it shuts down. It then tries again. So if you are hearing the click in/out of the PS relay that's where the trouble is. Before buying another PS at least disconnect the Ysus and Zsus suppy lines to make sure they are not pulling it down. If they aren't - it's the power supply. It's a complex board (PKG-4014) and if you ever get a diagram I love a copy - they are never in the manuals. Mine was one of the 3641 regulator chips. Hope this is of some help.
try unhooking the wires coming off the power board you should be able to unhook every thing except the switch wire and se plug if the green lights stay on and the red don't come on then you have something loading down your power supply if it still shuts down you need a new power supply