Computer does not recognize it as a CD RW drive
When you try to write data to an optical disc, you may experience any of the following symptoms:
* You receive various disc write error messages.
* You experience issues with the drive and the built-in recording feature of Windows XP.
* You experience issues with third-party programs that you use to write data to the disc.
* You cannot read the disc in all versions of Windows.
* You cannot read the disc, or some files on the disk, by using an MP3 player.
* When you add files or folders to a disc that already contains data, some files are lost.
* Recording files to the disc is inconsistent.
* The disc recording operation is consistently unsuccessful.
Troubleshooting specific errors
If you experience one of the following errors, follow the appropriate steps to resolve the error.
* There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a writable CD into drive.
This error can occur if the CD-R drive or CD-RW drive is not recognized as a recordable device. This error can also occur if the device driver has been corrupted. To resolve this issue, see Method 3 in the "General troubleshooting" section and Method 1 in the "Advanced troubleshooting" section.
* Drive not accessible, incorrect function
This error message typically occurs when you try to write to a CD-R or a CD-RW, and the Windows XP built-in disc recording feature does not recognize the CD drive as a recordable drive. This error message may also occur if specific third-party programs are installed. For more information about how to troubleshoot this error,
when you access the CD-ROM drive, the DVD-ROM drive, or the CD-RW drive
* Error Deleting File or Folder.
Cannot delete file name. Files on this CD-ROM drive are read-only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-ROM drive.
This error message can occur because individual files cannot be deleted from the CD-RW. You cannot use the CD disc recording feature of Windows XP for random-access storage while you are writing to disc.
To set the service to Automatic, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc /s, and then click OK.
2. Double-click IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service.
3. Under Service Status, click Start.
4. Try to write data to a CD.
Jan 28, 2010 |
Samsung (SH-M522C/BEBN) CD-RW/DVD-ROM...