An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: xerox workcertre m20i
Most likely not going to find just the glass. Go to google and search for " the parts drop" they will be the first item in your search. Call them and ask for Britt, he will work with you to get what you need at a very fair price.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
We encourage you to use our knowledgebase, MRC Smart Technology Solutions is here to help! We offer a program to cover up to 3 printers of any manufacturer for an entire year!
We can solve your problem!
Email email@example.com for more info.
Solution : Print a Connection Page (Network Connectivity Report / Configuration Page)
NOTE: Print the Connection Page to locate the TCP/IP Address for the WorkCentre.
Press the [Machine Status] button on the Control Panel. 'Machine Setup' will be displayed on the Display Screen.
Press the [Up or [Down] arrow button until 'Reports' is selected, and then press the [Enter] button.
Press the [Left] or [Right] arrow button until 'Connect Page' is displayed, and then press the [Enter] button to print the report.
Press the [Stop] button to return to the Standby mode.
You will need to do a couple of things, 1 remove, disassemble the scanner and thoroughly clean it, and while you have the scanner out, remove and clean the laser.
The toner cartridge may also be defective. that metering blade in that cartridge fails and causes light images also.
If you need instructions on how to remove and clean the scanner and laser let me know, I will type them out to you.
Not hard, just time consuming.
If you print out a report how does that look? If prints look fine and just the copies are light, then the mirrors in the scanner head a re probably fogged up. All the plastic in that scanner causes that same film on your scanner optics as you develop on your car windshield. Same process.
1. Oprn the front door, as if to replace the toner and remove the 2 screws above the toner and drum.
2. Turn the machine around. Disconnnect the one connector to the document feeder. A beige molex connector, lift and remove the feeder.
3. Remove the 6 screws from the back cover, remove the cover.
4. Disconnect the white ribbon cable and black connector with red wires attached to the upper part of the main board.
5. Under the scanner body, on the rear of the machine, locate the 3 screws that hold the scanner to the frame. One on the right, on in the middle and one on the left.
6. Grasp the scanner from the sides and pull back to release the scanner tabs from teh frame.
Once the scanner is removed you then have to remove the 3 screws holding the control panel to the scanner, then the 5 screws that hold the frame holding the glass. I am not sure where you can get that glass. But do a google search for "the parts drop". Give them a call, ask for Britt and see if he can come up with one for you.